Cabotine

Grès
Thierry Lecoule

Where to buy Cabotine

Reviews of Cabotine by Grès

There are 60 reviews of Cabotine by Grès.

Cheap and lovely... Lots of compliments.
Nov 1, 2020

On my skin, the projection of this stuff is positively nuclear, I can’t decide if I like it or hate it, it’s too loud to hear anything clearly.

But.... on my husband it’s not loud or screeching, something is blending into a note that’s reminiscent of lily of the valley cold process soap. A neutral rating seems fair, I suspect this fragrance performs very differently on different skin types so I’m keeping an open mind on this cheapie.
Mar 27, 2020

I should love this. There are so many notes I love, especially since I've now acquired a taste for heavy white florals; and this has one of the heaviest in it - tuberose! It also has so many other flowers and notes I adore. Surely a house that made another scent I love, Cabochard, couldn't possibly have made something so utterly awful? Sadly, to me it is.

While not the vulgar monstrosity Luca Turin makes it out to be in his review book of perfumes, and I won't go so far as to describe it as "vile" like he does, (and honestly, there are some scents where I can use that word), it is nonetheless off-putting and borderline offensive to me. The dry down smells like a bar of soap my nephew brought back from the military used to disinfect and delouse refugees fleeing war before entering the safety of the UN camps. Ugh!

I really envy those who smell this differently than I do. I'm sure it smells wonderful on them too. It just doesn't on me and to me, though I really, really, tried.
Mar 4, 2020

Syrupy floral with a ginger note and a rather brutal piquant overtone.

Cabotine wasn't much good, even in its original form, so how it can have survived to this day when other perfectly decent things have gone is a mystery, one that can only be explained by the "pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap" philosophy of art.

Vintage carded sample
Aug 20, 2019

Initially there is a floral blast with a big dose of something ozonic/fresh. Like a big steel spiny ball of fresh. It hurts for the first hour.
Relegating this to the downstairs washroom.
Sep 5, 2018

Green at first, then flowery. Loads of tuberose and carnation. Slight wood and animalic vibe on the bottom. It is bright, crisp, and lovely for spring.
May 16, 2018

Show more reviews of Cabotine...

Add your review of Cabotine