Boy Chanel

Olivier Polge

Boy Chanel is a shared scent launched in 2016 by Chanel

Where to buy Boy Chanel

Reviews of Boy Chanel by Chanel

There are 29 reviews of Boy Chanel by Chanel.

Innocuous sweet musky citrus in the manner of Polge senior's Allure Homme series.
The departure is fine: citrus, aromatic, metallic, musky, sweet; but after an hour or so, Boy is weaker than the odour coming from a paper strip on my desk - which holds just one dab of Thé Matcha 26 ... from yesterday.
If I'd bought this in the boutique - with the sa hovering - I'd think I'd been sold a pup.

It's an old school masculine, barbershop-esque, fresh with citrusy powder. Comforting from top to bottom, but, I've smelled better. Neutral rating here. No complaints on longevity or projection (average.)

Grapefruit wallpaper fougère. My dryer sheets smell better. Actually, a lot better.

Oh boy!
One sample spray, and I am in love with this fragrance. Especially the first 30 minutes, which is heavenly. Can't figure out what exactly has me so turned on? It may take several wearings to figure out. Honestly I think this falls squarely on the feminine side, but no matter.
Dries down into a sweeter version of Le Male (Jean Paul Gaultier), not as nice as the opening, but very pleasant.
Again, the opening structure is just lovely.
Know what I'm getting next Christmas, now.
After an hour, it's very sweet. A bit much, actually. But again, that first 30 minutes seals the deal for me.

I really had to wear Boy to fall in love with it - sniffing it at the store just didn't do it justice. It's a full-on Chanel, with their signature aldehydes on top and their legendary cold-cream base below. In a way, this is what No 5 would smell like with its flowers replaced by upfront lavender.

Wearing Boy reminded me of Jersey, Chanel's other lavender Exclusif, but side by side, they're quite different, with Jersey being much fruitier and funkier, including dirty elements of Gardenia and straight-up musk from Cuir de Russie, while Boy is definitely "pretty" all the way through.

Goes from Jicky to L'eau de Hiver very quickly & with the usual Chanel richness.

Show more reviews of Boy Chanel...

Add your review of Boy Chanel