Boxeuses

About Boxeuses by Serge Lutens

Serge Lutens

Boxeuses is a shared scent launched in 2010 by Serge Lutens

Reviews of Boxeuses by Serge Lutens

There are 12 reviews of Boxeuses by Serge Lutens.

Leather and wood - the dyad that rules the opening . A sooth, dark leather - an allusion to boxing gloves in the name maybe - that is not harsh and without much smokiness on me. The wood is not very specific, but I get some sweet wood and touches of cedar at times. A bit of licorice is present, but very briefly only.

In the drydown an impression of ripe black plums is added, quite rich and mixing well with the leather. The vanished licorice re-emerges at a later stage, and in unison these notes result in a rather unusual and pleasant overall olfactory experience.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and nine hours of longveity on my skin.

A nice autumnal, creation that display some original concepts and combinations, but thge wood note is a bi too generic at times. 3/25

Fairly straightforward ionone violets-over-suede construction. The plum and some synthetics brighten and amplify the violets, while the suede gets kind of lost in soapy dark greens. All told, Boxeuses falls in the category of Cuir de Russie, but it feels kind of thin compared the best of the genre. Chanel's Cuir de Russie is gloriously balanced between brightness and creaminess and animalics, while those who prefer the focus on bright violets that Lutens is attempting to achieve here would do better to try Creed's almost-fluorescent Love In Black. Meh.

Leather, plum and frankincense to my nose.

A very nice combination, dark and sultry, subtle, and for once, thank goodness, Lutens does not drag out that bitter wood note it is so fond of. It's hard for me to detect any woods here at all, nor do I get any licorice.

It's pure smoky, sweet leather and one of the best leathers I've encountered.

Good news for lovers of leather fragrances.

Boxeuse is basically Daim Blonde, done in a darker, more interesting manner, with a base of Feminite du Bois. It could easily have been called Bois et Cuir, or Daim Noir.

I hope this gets added to the Vaporisateur Tout Noir collection in the future...it's high on my want-list, but not at Barney's ridiculous pricing.

I read a number of reviews prior to sampling this, and they all mention jammy plums and leather and powder. So far, so good. However, about an hour after applying, I was struck by the same dry, dusty spices used in Ambre Sultan. I happen to adore this element (in both scents), but AS haters might want to think twice about this one.

Leather, Plum, Iris I gave this a couple of tries, and my responses were consistently neither here nor there. It's nice, but there's really not a lot going on, it's not very challenging, and ultimately, it's just not very rewarding... It's fruity and woody and syrupy -- all rather simple -- not necessarily memorable... And it never left my skin!Pros: PleasantCons: Underwhelming"

Show more reviews of Boxeuses...

Add your review of Boxeuses