Bois du Portugal

Creed
Pierre Bourdon

Where to buy Bois du Portugal

Reviews of Bois du Portugal by Creed

There are 208 reviews of Bois du Portugal by Creed.

This is almost a great fragrance. If I would have rated it after my first wearings it would have been a thumbs down but now I think I've got to know it.

It does have a nice lavender, a creamy sandalwood and some nice citruses to balance it up. Then comes the clove, and that kills it for me. I can see how people are liking this one, and it would be interesting to try it without cloves, but I have come to the conclusion that this is not for me. Unfortunately.

I wore five ml's and then sold it. If I want this but more colorful and "younger" I look at Xerjoff - Renaissance. If one are looking for an even more mature take on this, and for me a harder wear, then New York Intense might be it.
Jun 24, 2021

To my nose BdP is a sibling of New York by Nicolai. Some aspects are so similar. The fresh opening of BdP is akin to Florida Water cologne; a fizzy soft drink vibe. BdP is nice and some say is Creed’s superstar however Aventus is better than BdP. Aventus is the superstar.
Jan 1, 2021

*This is a review of vintage Bois du Portugal

Bois du Portugal opens with a smoothed out aromatic bergamot and lavender tandem with natural smelling cedar support before transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the natural cedar takes the fore, adding moderately sweet and slightly powdery supporting sandalwood and rubbing alcohol-like ambergris rising from the base, with the opening aromatic lavender remaining, now in an additional supporting role, adding a touch of sharpness to the woods. During the late dry-down the aromatics (both lavender and cedar) vacate, leaving the now relatively dry, slightly powdery sandalwood sans its earlier sweetness to take fore through the finish. Projection is very good, and longevity excellent at near 12 hours on skin.

Creed is a house that I rarely get along with. Most of the perfumes offered, save a couple notable exceptions that others rave about I find mundane and uninteresting at best, and outright disappointing at worst. Due to my many disappointments over the years with the house I put off trying Bois du Portugal for literally decades fearing I would find yet another Creed offering a bust... Having now sampled the original formula of Bois du Portugal on skin a handful of times, I can honestly say I was very wrong to avoid this one. The perfume draws one in immediately on application, as the aromatic lavender, bergamot and cedar wood meld together perfectly in a smooth almost liquid-like fashion. The segue to the slightly powdery woody heart is perfect, and some real sandalwood makes its way into the mix to add sweetness and balance. If there is a slight weakness to the perfume it is in the darker, relatively minimalist woody late dry-down that still smells quite good, but as the aromatics vacate, so does the distinctiveness to a degree. No, Bois du Portugal will not bowl anyone over with innovation, but it wholly succeeds at smelling pleasant and sophisticated at all times. As an aside, I have heard that the current stuff does not compare well to the original formula reviewed here, and if that is indeed true I would strongly recommend seeking the vintage out; this writer surely will! The bottom line is the $180 per 30 ml bottle on the aftermarket "excellent" 4 stars out of 5 rated vintage Bois du Portugal is a fine departure from the normally shoulder shrug worthy offerings from Creed, earning an easy recommendation to perfume lovers seeking a mature sophisticated woody composition.
Jul 19, 2020

I've been desperately trying to like this fragrance since I bought a bottle last year. While I enjoy the opening notes, the scent quickly becomes claustrophobic and, to my nose, very Madam with a pinch of mothball. I was expecting a more masculine scent, and I dislike the florals here. I do wear it about once a month, but it's just not up to par for me with the other classic Creed fragrances.
May 8, 2020

Regal and makes a bold and authoritative statement as soon as you smell it. Barbershop-ish, if you were at the barber's on Rodeo drive. One of my top 3.
Dec 31, 2019

This is labeled a masculine cologne.
It is all about citrus and orange blossoms with a hint of bark seen through the branches.
It starts out as off puttingly feminine and slowly gets more serious and darker as it walks into the mysterious shades towards the trees but never looses that au pair's hand bag vibe.
Projection and longevity are poor.

Fragrance: 6/10
Projection: 6.75/10
Longevity: 5.75/10
May 21, 2019

Show more reviews of Bois du Portugal...

Add your review of Bois du Portugal