Bois d'Iris
Van Cleef & Arpels (2009)

Overall

About Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels

Van Cleef & Arpels

One of Van Cleef & Arpels' 'Collection Extraordinaire'.

Where to buy Bois d'Iris

Reviews of Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels

There are 11 reviews of Bois d'Iris by Van Cleef & Arpels.

It's so beautiful and serene to me, and also very comforting. Reminds me of Prada's Infusion d'Iris a bit, as both are quiet scents that have that beautiful calm iris with a bit of woods and incense, but where Prada is soapier, colder, cleaner, more distant, Bois d'Iris is warmer, slightly peppery-sweet and so wonderfully cozy. It kind of meets both Prada's Infusion d'Iris and Diptyque's Eau Duelle halfway, and I love it.

I tried it once and that's all it took to order two bottles, that's how much I liked it, and the more I wear it, the more I am sure it's love.

It's rather quiet, contemplative and doesn't shout neither very loud nor for very long, so if you're into potent and flamboyant stuff, this is not for you. But oh, the whispers it says, they're just the stuff my dreams are made of. It smells like library in the moonlight to me, and all the stories that are being woven in there.
Mar 12, 2021

Lovely, soft iris - cool, just barely sweet, with gentle woody/powdery facets. It strikes me as seasonless, though I have yet to test that theory by wearing it in the summer. It is not a strong fragrance - I'm happy the bottle is 75ml because you could spray this one liberally.

I'm fortunate that I was able to find an online discounter that still had bottles in stock; I have a feeling this is not going to be around much longer. I've now tried three fragrances from this line and liked them all. It's a shame I wasn't able to try Lys Carmin and Muguet Blanc as I bet they are lovely, but now seem impossible to find except on eBay for highly inflated prices.
Jan 18, 2021

This is delicate. This is fragile. But so, so delightful to wear.

From the moment I read the name I had wanted to try this, and it smells exactly how I would have wanted it to smell. A little bit of a peppery (but not in a spicy sense) iris.

It doesn't have a wide reach, nor does it last long on my skin. It fades into the background within an hour or two, where it will linger to only some times come back up as a pleasant reminder of your decision earlier that day. But boy (or girl!) is it wonderful to wear.
Dec 28, 2020

Smooth and cold. Imagine Bvlgari Black and L'Instant de Guerlain for women had a baby. The beginning is all about rubber and woods, and then it calms down to Iris and ambergris with a bit of cedar. There's also a bit of pepper, to my nose. Completely unisex. A gentle cool weather fragrance with a rich temperament and a classy vibe.
Oct 22, 2017

my old pal colin could have written my sense of this minor masterpiece word for word. except for the ending - i found fb at a fraction of retail, so just perfect. 'silver powder' indeed!
Sep 29, 2017

Maude Abrantes - Amedeo Modigliani
Nov 4, 2016

Show more reviews of Bois d'Iris...

Add your review of Bois d'Iris