Bois d'Argent

About Bois d'Argent by Christian Dior

Christian Dior
Annick Menardo
Hedi Slimane

Originally part of a collection of three scents in the Dior Homme Cologne range [Eau Noire, Cologne Blanche and Bois D'Argent], designed by Hedi Slimane.

Where to buy Bois d'Argent

Reviews of Bois d'Argent by Christian Dior

There are 75 reviews of Bois d'Argent by Christian Dior.

Oh sweet Bois d'Argentie!
Why do you torment me?
Should I buy you
Or pay the due
For Guerlain's d'Arménie?

Or own Menardos twain
And love her work again
The subtle diffs
Of sister riffs
To feel the deep refrain?

Or pay some lesser fee
In Papier d'Arménie
Let house smell good
To fool the 'hood
Though sadly never me?

Or better yet to wait
And leave love up to fate
One soon to own
Yet ne'er alone
The other sure but late?

Though if we take that chance
And neither comes to dance
Let paper love
Remind us of
The days we spent in France.

May thus resolved be things
This sweet dilemma brings
May scents we love
Be "all above"
For paupers and for kings.

We may not have all now
But Fate is good somehow
We wait in style
For in good while
Good Providence may bow.

There is no Dior but Dior
Nor likes of tray in store
Perfume's perfume
For clothes or room
May all be treasured more.
May 8, 2021

I love wear leather jacket with Bois d'Argent. It’s fantastic great feeling. Luxury rich background. I feel sort of lux leather material. More than fantastic.
Jan 16, 2021

Sweet Iris Honey.

Opens with the beautiful iris. Dior has a really nice iris note that they use. It smells natural and kind. The iris is about matched with the patchouli and other. But this is attempted to be balanced on the sweet side by using honey. And that combo of iris and honey, bringing it sweet and powdery drives this into the territory, in my opinion, of being squarely feminine. It does have some balsamic properties, overarching the whole composition. The heart brings the patchouli myrh forward, and its balance trends back toward unisex. It reminds me something of Shalimar/TF Noir. The honey takes the spot in the olfactory experience of the civet. I suppose this is more of a personal thumbs down, and an impartial neutral. It doesn't smell like it is bad quality, though it is reportedly a big weak legged, it is not overly sheer, and I found the longevity to be average.
Jan 23, 2020

Sweet opening with honey, amber and myrrh; patchouli has a bitter herbal presence and then there's the powdery iris. I can see the similarities with Bois d'Iris, but that one is more focused on the buttery iris, while Bois d'Argent is more focused on the sweet notes and it gets more powdery.
Jun 17, 2019

Smells fantastic... But it's waaaay too weak. If it was just a little bit more powerful I would give this a big thumbs up. Too bad.
Feb 27, 2019

Woody, powdery-balsamic creation that defies instant classification and comparison to other scents.

Bois d'Argent is iris-heavy, followed by the resinous medicinal smokiness of myrrh, and thereafter a merry-go-round of amber semi-sweetness, cypress, patchouli, honey, vanilla...and on towards a finish typical of chypre fragrances.

Decent sillage and okay longevity, a nice wear for men.
Oct 21, 2018

Show more reviews of Bois d'Argent...

Add your review of Bois d'Argent