Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi

About Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma

Where to buy Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi

Reviews of Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma

There are 57 reviews of Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi by Acqua di Parma.

Don't like it at all, horrible outdated metallic lemon bomb. Main notes to me: hedione and a lemon synthetic I can't quite put my finger on but I've smelled it before in other classic style fragrances or colognes.
Nov 4, 2021

Fico di Amalfi is another alternate take on the traditional ADP Cologne formula, but instead of using citrus and woods, it's fig, jasmine and musk. I can either take it or leave it with fig and in Fico di Amalfi the fig is tolerable because it's sweet (not over-ripe) but without the use of coconut or some other suntan oil concoction. It's as much of a green fragrance, although not truly green, than it is a blue fragrance because to my nose there's a leafy undertone within the fig-jasmine middle. The opening is a short, sweet blast of citrus with grapefruit being the most prominent. This quickly gives way to the fig but retains some of the sweet citric tone. Mild sillage for around 4 hours then it drops to a sweet musk skin scent. I found Fico di Amalfi at a huge discount so I'm not disappointed at all. I'll wear this casually throughout Spring and Summer.
Apr 7, 2021

Acqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi (2006) is part of the Blu Mediterraneo line, a range of fragrances that escapes the classic eau de colognes the house is known for and presents traditional citrus or fruit subjects in a more contemporary eau de toilette format themed after the Mediterranean Ocean. Fico di Amalfi gets a significant amount of hype by YouTubers and influencers within the online fragrance community as an accessible fig fragrance, which keeps the scent semi-relevant as the one to try, the introduction to the Blu Mediterraneo range, if nothing else. Not much else from this range really gets any significant talk outside Acqua di Parma fans in the back alleys of online forums, so that's something I guess. I am not the biggest fan of fig unless it is presented smoothly without the weird rotted fruit milkiness that some houses like to employ, so I always walk into testing a fig scent with a bit of skepticism from the start. I'm pleased to report that here in Fico di Amalfi, the fig is quite well balanced with the rest of the composition, and may be one to seek out if you like more of a citrus twang with your fig note anyway.

The opening of Fico di Amalfi right away hits you with citron, orange, and lemon rinds, plus grapefruit and bergamot. The top fades fast but a dark fig powered by some pink pepper and musky jasmine indole quickly envelops your senses. Suddenly, you're not so sure how fresh this is going to be afterall, but the muskiness subsides to let the smoother fruitier aspects of fig shine through. The pepper acts as a nice counter to what might be unpleasant milkiness, being a desiccant for that unwanted (to me) portion of the fig complex, before the whole thing dries down on a resinous base of benzoin, with some nice woody cedar and green notes of fig leaf a la something you'd see in a 90's designer fig treatment. Suffice it to say there is nothing blue about this smell, despite being in the Blu Mediterraneo range and being housed in blue glass. I'm just barely won over by this, but it isn't a love. Wear time is about 8 hours and sillage is on the lower side of moderate, with projection poofing in about 4 hours because this is still primarily a citrus scent. Best use is in spring through late summer as a casual outdoor wear, and can easily be a shared casual unisex scent between romantic partners like Calvin Klein cK One (1994) used to be.

The hype surrounding Fico di Amalfi isn't real to my nose, and the only real thing to get excited about here is the fact that the Blu Mediterraneo range seems to see steeper discounts in the gray market than the rest of the Acqua di Parma house in general, so picking up a bottle will be a slightly less of a pain in the ass to those who hate paying niche prices for niche perfume (imagine that concept). For me? I'm pretty happy with the Salvatore Ferragamo, Marc Jacobs, and Christian Dior trinity of designer masculine figs, even if one of those three is sadly growing a unicorn horn on its precious little unloved and discontinued head due to much the same YouTuber hype that brought all our attentions to this fragrance I'm reviewing now. Being led along the nose by taste makers with an agenda other than actually making taste aside, this isn't a bad fragrance and if I really wanted a nice dark citrus fruity woody scent in my wardrobe, I'd give Fico di Amalfi serious consideration. Fig overall is a love or hate note for many people out there, so if your needle pegs all the way into the hate side of the smellodometer, this one won't change your mind. Thumbs up.
Mar 29, 2021

When youtubers hype something up, I'm usually very skeptical, and I was right. This is foremost quite feminine and weak at that.

Scent itself is not green or blue, so one can't exactly categorise it like that. One gets citruses and a lot of musk with mashed figs. All in all nothing representative.

Could be ok casual summer scent, but it's kind of uninspiring and bland. It's so bland that even rating it negatively would suggest it actually triggered a strong emotion, albeit a negative one. It just can't do even that. You can't love it, you can't hate it. If it was a person, you'd kind of feel sorry for it.

Originality 5/10
Scent 4/10
Longevity 6/10
Projection 3/10
_______________________
mathematical grade 45%
subjective grade 3/10
May 1, 2020

Sugared orange and rind. Yawn.
Pleasant but not refreshing and leans to the feminine.

Fragrance: 6.25/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
Sep 12, 2019

Fico di Amalfi has a fresh, citrusy opening followed by a peppery fig heart--not too sweet but definitely fruity. Musk and cedar in the base notes gives this some heft but it still remains a light, fresh scent, in keeping with the Blu Mediterraneo mandate. There is jasmine here, but it is so well blended that, like in Eau Suavage for example, it does note read as a floral so much as just giving the whole a slight indolic note. Of the ones i have tried, this is my favorite of the Blu Mediterraneo line and the only one I own. Great for late summer into fall.
Aug 30, 2019

Show more reviews of Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi...

Add your review of Blu Mediterraneo : Fico di Amalfi