Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Chanel
Olivier Polge

Where to buy Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Reviews of Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel

There are 26 reviews of Bleu de Chanel Parfum by Chanel.

I know, I know, I know. Houses are finding ways to cut corners and make more profit, and that is just business. My sales associate gave me a sample Bleu Parfum and also made a sample of Sycamore ($$$) from the Exclusifs for me. At the end of the day both smelled like the cheap synthetic amber basenote found in drugstore body washes. They don’t smell bad per say, but the crazy price dichotomy is just the result of diff types of marketing. Btw, they both smelled like creamy woody aldehyde-dy lemonade to me, w Bleu being much sweeter in the beginning. I wouldn’t not wear this, but I wouldn’t spend good money on it, bc it smells like my high school locker room In the early 2000’s after the scent of deodorant/axe body spray clouds have died down.
Nov 9, 2021

This is a really well-crafted designer fragrance. It takes the ever-popular "blue" theme and elevates it with the use of some quality naturals and impeccable blending by Olivier Polge. Projection is more subtle than the edt and edp, which is a good thing in my opinion. It wears more like a parfum, which is what it is. The composition is rounder than others in this genre. It is an easy wear. Nothing groundbreaking. My people seem to like it on me. It will stay in my collection though for one primary reason: that great sandalwood note in the dry down.
Jun 23, 2021

It's OK but to me, quite boring. Inoffensive citrus/fresh scent with an OK drydown. Not bad but quite forgettable
Apr 19, 2021

A really nice blue fragrance. Is it dull? Yes it is but it's achieves its goals. An easy to wear fresh blue smelling fragrance which has some class and maturity to it also.
Jan 22, 2021

You know that confused and bewildered look on the face of the Bleu de Chanel fragrance model? That was my exact look after sampling this one - flanker part deux - Bleu de Chanel Parfum.

First Impressions -

Beautifully boring....Blank as the page left intentionally blank....Smooth as a #2 pencil....Empty as Jeremy's favorite tailored suit

Final Thoughts -

I actually enjoyed the first 10 minutes, hence the bewilderment, but in the end this frag remains in contrast with my taste. Ultimately, I'll wear the rest of my small sample and then bid this one farewell. Adieu.

Update (March 2021) - My wife decided she likes this one so she bought me a 100ml bottle HA! I am still going with my neutral review, but will wear it around her with a big smile on my face ;)

2.5 stars.
Sep 30, 2020

In a time where one new fragrance release leads to another four or five flankers - first the EdT, then the EdP and now the Parfum - Bleu de Chanel is a welcome addition.

Having tried the previous two iterations and being completely underwhelmed, Bleu de Chanel Parfum enters as the crowd-pleaser that Chanel is so good at putting together.

Inoffensive and totally versatile as anything I have ever put my nose to, the top notes of BdC Parfum mesmerise even to this day. Some list mint, others geranium and others just call it Blue (it's not! it's Bleu!!!). Whatever the top notes comprise, I get some very good synthetics combining freshly-squeezed citrus-grade freshness with luscious woods that I can't stop smelling. Some of the citrus is clearly dihydromyrcenol (DHM), but it is so tamed here and used very sensibly so as not to offend (I'm looking at you Dior!!).

The woods and indeed the classic Chanel tonka note in the base of BdC Parfum are what sets it apart from the EdT and EdP. Yes, there is amberwood here, but no harsh "incense" (if that's what you call it), just a classic men's scent - citrus/fresh top with a woody base. Admirers of classics like Chanel Pour Monsieur, YSL Pour Homme, Armani Eau Pour Homme should pay attention and sample this, as should anyone crazy enough to want to spend on Roja Dove's Elysium.

Rarely does a scent like BdC Parfum come to the market this side of the millennium. I bought a bottle the day it was released in 2018 and received a couple of compliments from work colleagues not long after from just 1-2 sprays. Given how versatile/easy to wear this is, I doubt I'll ever be without a bottle. If only I'd gone for the largest size bottle. Top marks, Chanel!
Sep 10, 2020

Show more reviews of Bleu de Chanel Parfum...

Add your review of Bleu de Chanel Parfum