Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette

Overall

About Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Where to buy Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette

Reviews of Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette by Chanel

I don't get it. This generic and synthetic edt is from Chanel? These notes are not likeable on my skin. I'd read many positive descriptions before blindly purchasing but this one's a headache inducer for me. 3 wearings were enough for me to trade my bottle away.
Aug 24, 2021

Bleu de Chanel Review

The fragrance opens with an amazing grapefruit note. It's a beautiful and vibrant opening. It lacks any harshness that you can sometimes find with citrus openings. It's very well done and starts things off in the right direction. The mid mostly consists of ginger with a hint of nutmeg. Once you reach the dry down, Bleu is taken over by a combination of cedar and incense for the rest of your wearing.

There's really not much to be said about this fragrance that hasn't already been said. It's a beautiful composition that is incredibly difficult to not like. For my personal tastes these days, it doesn't really interest me that much. That's not necessarily a knock against the fragrance. It just means that I've moved on to others areas in my fragrance journey. That being said, this is ALWAYS a solid choice and a great addition to any wardrobe. Especially if you're just starting out in the fragrance game.

I rarely mention compliments when talking about fragrances. I find they can be often overstated and they're not something that interest me these days. That being said, this is by far my most complimented fragrance. It's not even close.

Best Age Group- 20+
Best Season(s)- Spring/Summer
Occasions- Casual, Work, Formal, Date
Projection/Sillage- Medium
Longevity- 10 Hours
Smell- 8/10
Overall- 8/10

YouTube Channel: theaveragecologneguy
Jul 16, 2021

Bleu de Chanel EdT: everything it’s cracked up to be and more. And less?

This just smells so damn good and agreeable, and is so popular, that it’s become the “Kleenex” or “Band-Aid” to sophisticated blue fragrances. Does it get any better than this? Sure, probably, but I may live my life without finding out.

Is this the best smelling thing in my wardrobe? Nope. Lots of contenders for that. But is anything as versatile? Or as easy to reach for? Or as generally satisfying? Maybe not.

A delightful elixir. One for the ages. A smooth criminal.

Don’t overspray! Damn near choked myself out, and too much of this at one time will drown the “sunshine in your eyes bright” citrus opening, which is magic. A couple chest sprays (make sure to get some on your shirt) brings this out perfectly. Plus a spray on the back of the neck for luck (and a gorgeous scent trail). Maybe a spray or two on the inside of each elbow would enhance. I will experiment.

Have fun with this one. I don’t think you have much of a choice really. You’d have to work hard to screw this up.
Jun 24, 2021

I've been racking up a bunch of awesome fall/winter scents over the last few months, including Parfums de Marly's Carlisle and Layton, and I've purchased a few fresher scents lately, such as Terre d'Hermès and Percival. Nevertheless, I still am on a quest to find the perfect freshie, which I'd use for occasions that are more casual than those during which I'd use either of the aforementioned fragrances.

Online reviewers have managed to point me in all sorts of interesting directions, and obviously Bleu de Chanel is mentioned so often as a landmark freshie/iconic "blue" scent, I had to try it out. And I just did, so here are my thoughts.

I do enjoy the first few minutes to a certain extent, however once the nice vibrant citrus notes in the opening dissipate through the dry down, Bleu de Chanel becomes too warm/spicy for my personal taste and for the use that I intended to make of it, unfortunately. More roundedness in the scent as a whole and better accords could have saved the day, but I personally find that, in Bleu de Chanel, those spicier and heavier notes like vetiver and incense don't nest together so successfully and make the scent heavier than I wish it was. It's not repulsive, but neither is it particularly enjoyable.

Make no mistake, this is not a terribly-crafted product, but as it relates to my current collection, even if I were to enjoy that product, I wouldn't be able to find it a proper slot. I'd much rather wear Terre d'Hermès on formal occasions during summer and spring, as it has a way more classy and unique feel to it; I'd much rather wear Percival on more casual occasions all year round, as it is more versatile, more sophisticated and much less spicy. And on top of that, both these fragrances perform way better than Bleu de Chanel, whose projection is very average, and longevity sub-par. On my skin, it becomes a skin scent in less than two hours. Very disappointing, poor performer.

To all of those who say that Bleu de Chanel is the Mona Lisa of "blue" scents, my personal opinion is that the award belongs to Percival, with which I am absolutely in love (on a side note, Percival is way more expensive than Bleu de Chanel, though). Needless to say, I don't get all the hype surrounding this one at all, although I do agree that it is a versatile fragrance...for as long as it lasts.
May 11, 2021

I don’t understand the love for this.

Some call it “safe”, but it’s banal, uninspired. It has fuzzy-scratchy synthetic ingredients in spades...not my idea of “pleasant.”

The edp makes marked improvements - sort of a focus-group-in-a-bottle. I can see the appeal in the edp (have not tried the parfum). In 20 years, if you were looking for a fragrance to exemplify 2010’s perfumery, Bleu edp might serve.

But the edt? Blech. How this made it to market is beyond me. I don’t even get the usual 10 minutes of “hmmm, interesting” top notes usually loaded into designer fragrances to hook the bros at the fragrance counter. This is bad from top to bottom.
Feb 12, 2020

Smells to me like the fragrance equivalent of a blue plaid flannel shirt.
Oct 6, 2019

Show more reviews of Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette...

Add your review of Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette