Black Rosette
Strange Invisible Perfumes (2005)

Overall

About Black Rosette by Strange Invisible Perfumes

Reviews of Black Rosette by Strange Invisible Perfumes

Once the top notes faded the dry down was astonishing to me. It's lasted over 6 hours so far today on my skin.It's just a bit too pricey for me at $1,230/oz ($307.30/ 0.25 oz with CA tax no shipping.) It's only sold as a pure parfum but still out of my ballpark.I would buy anything that's similar if it were more reasonably priced but I haven't found anything even close.Cheers!
Oct 3, 2010

Black Rosette starts off sharp and bitter but soon develops into exactly what one would expect from reading the notes listed. Long ago I had a scented leather rose that smelled just like this minus the mint. Like nothing else in my collection.

Edit: Has it really been over five years? Black Rosette has been in my top ten bucket list of to-own frags since I first tried it, but I always balked at the price (more than my vintage Derby!). My memories of this fragrance were so strongly positive I would sometimes return to the long-since emptied sample vial hoping to catch the smallest molecule of this immensely polarizing masterpiece. I finally found a dealer selling sizable decants of the EDP which arrived today and from the first spray I was transported back to that lovely place in my memory. I am so heartened to find that my love of Black Rosette was not blown out of proportion by time and romantic fancy. This is, beyond doubt, one of the most pleasurable Things I have ever smelled, with a spearmint plucked right out from my childhood garden and a dark, velveteen rose with more facets than a wedding diamond. With the sample rising coolly from my clavicle to greet me and a 50 ml bottle in the mail, I am in a very happy place indeed.
Aug 4, 2010

Black Rosette smells like Bandit's little sister to me. It has a wierd medicinal camphor smell at first but then mellows out quickly and the scent of a soft old leather suitcase gently comes through. I don't think I ever caught a rose note - maybe because it is so expertly blended. Would be interesting on a man, I think.
Apr 3, 2008

A soothing scent that to me is all tea, smoke and leather, with a wisp of rose popping up now and then. I would definitely consider this a unisex scent. I am in the process of saving up up to buy a bottle, as I find there is a real difference in using perfume made with natural ingredients. From the notes, you would think Bulagari Black is a close match, but that scent is all rubber tires on me. Black Rosette is the way you might smell after spending all night in a tea house somewhere in Central Asis.
Jan 28, 2007

Show more reviews of Black Rosette...

Add your review of Black Rosette