Black Phantom "Memento Mori"
By Kilian (2017)

Overall

Black Phantom "Memento Mori" by By Kilian

About Black Phantom "Memento Mori" by By Kilian

By Kilian

Black Phantom "Memento Mori" is a shared scent launched in 2017 by By Kilian

Where to buy Black Phantom "Memento Mori"

Reviews of Black Phantom "Memento Mori" by By Kilian

There are 13 reviews of Black Phantom "Memento Mori" by By Kilian.

Oh, no. This smells like musty peanut butter. Actually it smells exactly like--

You know when you went trick-or-treating? You went home afterwards, and you dumped out all your candy. You divided it into four piles. The great amazing candy, the pretty good candy, the so-so candy you might get around to eating by Thanksgiving, and.... The Gross Stuff.

(There's also the pile of things that aren't candy. That weird hippie lady who crochets her own ponchos? She made oatmeal and raisin cookies. Why, why. The smug dentist gave out little toothbrushes and I didn't shed a tear when the teenagers egged his house for it. And a weird stockbroker guy gave out pennies because he "has too much money or wants everyone to think that he does" according to my dad. ALL of the items from this pile went straight. in. the. trash.)

Black Phantom "Memento Mori" smells exactly like a specific candy from The Gross Pile. There's an old candy -- I think it's called Chick-O-Stick but it might possibly be Atkinson's Peanut Butter Bars-- and this fragrance smells exactly like it. I assume the people who handed out that candy probably bought a gargantuan barrel of it in, like, 1917 and they just handed out fistfuls of the ancient atrocity every year.

I traded a piece of it to my little brother one year and he cried.

Old, musty, peanut butter candy. Dry as dust. To punish children. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Memento Mori.

If I was on a deserted island wearing Black phantom, and I had to choose between seeing and smelling. I would choose smell. I'm a bad nose - so I can rarely tell you exactly why - the notes and how they all dry down ... but I do know I can't keep my nose away from my wrist! I'm pretty sure I get the rum, coffee, chocolate and almonds ... Momento Mori is an object
serving as a warning or reminder of death, such as a skull.
"he placed the picture in his room as a memento mori" ... well yes, I sort of get the Goth and pirates aspect of this brand. That makes it fun. They did put that Rum in it, riiiight?

A muddied sweetness. Nothing is clearly itself but that isn't a virtue here: it just isn't at all interesting.

A pleasant smelling sweet gourmand. Lots of coffee, caramel and vanilla. Not worth the price but please to own a large decant.

A really yummy boozey fragrance..I get a sugary coffee with raisin's soaked in rum, there are some woody facets in the base that keep it masculine enough for me. The aim was to achieve a sort of gothic pirates lair, the fragrance in part manages to reflect this but suffers in performance on my skin. When I catch the occasional waft it's lovely ..really warming and cosy but most of the time for 6 hours it's a skin scent ..shame really but there are other options like A*men and it's flankers. The presentation is fantastic , a beautiful gothic skull head lockable box that i feel is sadly the best part of the experience.

The oriental gourmand By Kilian Black Phantom is a dark dandy of the velvety underground night, vaguely kind of bohemian and bizarre. I'd have sweared some red berries could have included in the mix (and peraphs caramel is melted with berrish honey). The juice is never sultry, there is something conjuring violets, red jams, liqueurs-creams and incenses. I don't detect almonds to bè honest while rum and sugar cane are there subtle and balanced. Along the trip the juice turns out even more sophisticated and soft, intriguing as a gothic castle. Dark chocolate? Mah, I don't get it while I can catch a touch of coffee included in the dark melange. Finally sandalwood jumps up, creamy, sugary and spicy and several Neela Vermeire creations as Bombay Bling or Trayee come vaguely on mind (and also creations as Balestra Diamante Nero woman, the new Givenchy Gentleman Eau de Parfum and Black Xs for women are there ready to come on mind on a certain extent). The smell ( even modern despite its sinister 800's-like aura) lingers on your skin so melancholic and gothic for many hours, as a black cape you are wearing while pacing the alleys of a monumental churchyard of a old medieval city.

Show more reviews of Black Phantom "Memento Mori"...

Add your review of Black Phantom "Memento Mori"