Black Orchid Eau de Parfum

Tom Ford
Creative Director

Where to buy Black Orchid Eau de Parfum

Reviews of Black Orchid Eau de Parfum by Tom Ford

There are 174 reviews of Black Orchid Eau de Parfum by Tom Ford.

Tried this for the first time today. Was told this was unisex and it is. Reminds me a lot of By for men by D and G. Has that same aroma to it (different aroma but the same idea). The scent is powerful. One of the most longest lasting and powerful scents. One spray and you will be good for days.
The scent: immediately after spraying it, I felt like I have had this before. Got home and it came to me - took out my old YSL OPIUM EAU DE PARFUM FOR MEN and sure enough, this is an exact replica (with added jasmine but barely noticeable). Love the scent anyway despite it being Opium. Now before people get up in arms - the Opium Edt is completely different from the Opium EDP FOR MEN. The EDP was amazing and if you want a current version, this is it.
Jul 9, 2021

I wanted to love this. To my nose it smells like pancake syrup or maple syrup which smells good. My chemistry neutralizes it; within minutes it is gone without a trace! My husband doesn't even smell it on me! I find so fascinating the interaction of perfume and body chemistry! Zero longevity zero spillage.
Jan 17, 2021

Oh my word! This has to be the ultimate "lorelei" scent.

Have you ever seen pigs rooting enthusiastically for truffles? I feel like one of those when I apply this dark,narcotic scent. The bottle is black and attractive and so is the perfume inside.

I first sprayed Black Orchid a few years ago in a House of Fraser store in Birminham, whilst my husband was looking at shoes, then spent the next five minutes with my nose glued to my wrist.I only had to walk a few yards and complete strangers told me I smelled amazing. I was grateful for their feedback since my own dear husband is anosmic (oh the irony!)

Suffice it to say I was smitten and felt surrounded by a secret cloak of desirability. This is potent stuff - be in no doubt of that fact, Apply with caution,like a touchpaper,then stand back and wait for the fireworks to begin!

Jun 7, 2020

This is really attractive. Dark seductive fruity floral patchouli mix. I like the blend, it just melds all together. Performance is giant. Last all day. Projects prerty hard. Leans feminine. Could probably be worn by the right man. Smells like good quality. Doesnt drastically change.
Jan 6, 2020

Loud, syrupy-sweet, feminine floral opening. I also get plenty of chocolate-vanilla, maybe tuberose. Later into the drydown, it becomes a soft, sweet, powdery, wood scent that is more unisex, pleasant and seductive.

Performance is excellent with big projection and 9-10 hour longevity.
Jul 25, 2019

The opening is rich and complex. Orange and bergamot add a fresh side, but the main thrust is dark floral, with jasmine, gardenia and whiffs of oleander givens a shadowy tone from the orchid that gives this creation its name.

The drydown adds a fruity touch of redcurrent, combined with a peppery and spicy undertone; the latter with a good incense aroma that adds an oriental vibe.

Further into the base a tonka-based sweetness develops, quite rich and creamy at times. A dork patchouli also develops, a soft patchouli without any significant harshness or sharpness. Cocoa features at times too, and I detect and nonspecific woodsiness towards the end.

I get strong sillage, excellent projection and six hours of longevity on my skin.

A rich autumnal creation, good day and night, at times a touch generic but otherwise complex enough to provide good olfactory entertainment. 3.25/5.
Apr 17, 2019

Show more reviews of Black Orchid Eau de Parfum...

Add your review of Black Orchid Eau de Parfum