Black

About Black by Comme des Garçons

Comme des Garçons

Black is a shared scent launched in 2013 by Comme des Garçons

Reviews of Black by Comme des Garçons

There are 37 reviews of Black by Comme des Garçons.

Heavily smoked woods ... burnt tar that's been baking under the sun ... and the dark savory-sweetness of licorice underlying everything. This one was always a fun fall scent for me, and one of my favorites from the brand.

Smoky birchy-incense, with a bit of leather and cedar. One of CDG's best fragrances, and in my top 20 favourite fragrances of all time. The smoke is thicker and more peppery than what you would find in Aventus. This isn't anything like Aventus; I'm just using it as a reference.

If you're not a fan of black licorice, the combination of the birch tar and licorice might be slightly off-putting. It's still a smoky birch dominant scent with a bit of sweetness coming from the olibanum and licorice. The smoke feels quite natural so there's no abrasiveness or scratchiness. It's a type of smoke that you want to inhale, rather than turning away because it stings your eye.

Umami smokiness, that has moderate performance. For some reason, I got a bit nauseated by the licorice note. Maybe I associated something bad to the licorice smell, because I didn't have this issue when I first bought it. Also, the performance wasn't up to my standard so I sold my bottle. But I still think this is a wonderful fragrance; I wanted to buy it at first sniff. If you can find it, please give it a try.

I wanted something that smelled like Neutrogena T-Gel shampoo. This does the trick! Added bonuses include: fair price, a handsome bottle, and excellent performance. I usually wear a spray of this to the solar plexus, under a shirt and a sweater, and get small, potent whiffs of smoke and incense for hours. Recommended.

A dark gothic rooty vetiver scent in the opening blended with birch tar, patchouli, and other resins. CDG Black smells smoky , balsamic, woody- camphoric, like the gradual decline of a pine resinous forest in the twilight. The rooty vetiver is noticeable in the opening for longer than an hour until the birch tar becomes more noticeable but the game is between the vetiver and the birch tar. like cat and dog chasing each other. An enjoyable fragrance with moderated projection, not too strong but also not too weak, you won't choke people around you. The quality is ok not as good as Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano for example or Amouage or Arabian Aoud fragrances. More on the masculine side in my opinion and for both day and night use.100% recommended if you like moderated incense fragrances and looking for a winter scent to add to your wardrobe. Since eventually this fragrance will be discontinued by CDG in the future, better invest in something similar easily available and on continuous flow.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!! The very best incense outside of Giorgio Armani Bois d' encens.

CDG Black is a gem for those that enjoy dark incense driven or resinous birch tar notes. I like this style a lot and Black checks all the boxes for me. Reminds me of Amouage Memoir Man, but less challenging. Doesn't have the sillage or longevity of Memoir Man, but is easier to wear out of the gate. To my nose, the pepper is not prominent and only shapes the incense and resin notes. Black does somewhat conjure a Catholic Cathedral as other reviewers have mentioned, but only adds to it's comforting effect IMO. A wonderful casual, cold weather scent. Thumbs Up.

Show more reviews of Black...

Add your review of Black