Bergamote Soleil

Overall

About Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne

Atelier Cologne

The company say:

A Cologne Absolue celebrates the elegance of citruses, the traditional ingredients of a cologne. For the first time, citruses are blended with the most precious raw materials in perfumery for perfectly balanced creations with outstanding lasting power thanks to very high concentration of essential oils.

Where to buy Bergamote Soleil

Reviews of Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne

There are 13 reviews of Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne.

Atelier consistently blindside us with their naming. If I were to consider this from a sociological point of view, I would say that their names become "instructions for understanding". Bergamote Soleil, so just bergamot, right? Wrong! There is in fact a very nice thread of jasmine, amber, oakmoss, lavender and vetiver that support the eponymous note. I don't detect bigarade. I do detect the synthetics that others note, but these are not really a problem for me.

Composition is therefore excellent. BS really falls down in performance. This could be a genuinely outstanding cologne-type scent in the narrow sense, but it has no strength or power. So I'm left thinking: could do better. Ramp up the lavender and moss for a better mark.
Jun 14, 2021

For me, Bergamot Soleil is the best of the Atelier citric line. The opening is bright and uplifting with tart bergamot and refreshing bigarade that pairs well with ambrette seed for a minty cooling effect that stays ahead of the jasmine and lavender. It's slightly fizzy but in a good way. Vetiver and moss create a more traditional style with decent sillage and longevity. If you want something different than a old school EDC, this is a well done alternative.
May 27, 2021

[b]Bergamot Soleil by Atelier Colognes[/b]
[b]Category[/b]: 3 Bright Citrus
[b]Rating[/b]: 4/5
[b]Longevity[/b]: 4/5

A sharp bergamot-lime opening is supported with a faint whiff of fresh mint leaves. It warms into an overripe lemon with a bit of refrigerator-coldness-smell. Refreshing and uplifting, it seems to fizz. This effect is probably ISO E Super or some such aromachemicals, but the charm is hard to ignore. Have you ever tasted Fanta Limon from Espana? This is a bit like that. My only complaint is the disproportionate static of woody aromachemicals in the base. On a bad day, they instigate headaches. But on a good day, this is a walk down a hot street with a fizzy lemon drink. One of this line's best.
Jan 19, 2020

The opening is a bergamot fest indeed, flanked by a lemon burst - tart and refreshing indeed. Soon a good hit of cardamom is added to it, leading into the drydown.

As expected, the fresh side is receding in the drydown to make space for a floral mix; mainly jasmine with some lavender. At times whiffs of vetiver bring in additional glances of brightness.

The base looses the freshness and combines a nonspecific woodsiness with some white musks and a perfunctory synthetic mossy note.

I get moderate sillage, good projection and three hours of longevity on my skin, which is not bad for such a citrus-centric composition.

This is a much refreshing summer scent for hot days. The top notes are what this is all about, with the base being a generic-synthetic afterthought of little interest. Given the alternatives for such a summer fragrance, from Le Labo's Bergamote 22 (the closest competition) and such greats as Creeds' Boos de Cedrat and Citrus Bigarrade, Monsieur Balmain, Penhaligon's Extract of Lime and others, it is hard to say why one would choose Bergamote Soleil, but for those who want a bergamot-focused summer spritz this one is worth a try. 3.5/5.
Aug 22, 2019

I love this one, it's one of my favorites from this house. It smells like sunshine in a bottle, and is perfect in late spring/early summer, or any time the temperature ranges from 70-80 degrees. I just finished my mini today, and as soon as I finish a few more summery scents, I will probably invest in the 30mL next summer. Gorgeous.
Jul 1, 2019

Smells like sunshine and woods to me. Beautiful bergamot top note which on me does get pretty good longevity for a citrus note, then it shifts to a nice soft woodsy vibe with the vetiver, oakmoss, lavender and spices. So good and one of my absolute faves from this house.
Mar 19, 2019

Show more reviews of Bergamote Soleil...

Add your review of Bergamote Soleil