Bentley for Men Intense

Thierry de Baschmakoff

Bentley for Men Intense is a men's fragrance launched in 2013 by Bentley

Where to buy Bentley for Men Intense

Reviews of Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley

There are 61 reviews of Bentley for Men Intense by Bentley.

I am a little confused as to why people keep thinking this is 'boozy' while also mentioning that the 'boozy' isn't all that - maybe because there isn't actually a rum/booze note? In this case I feel like Nathalie uses the black pepper, incense and herbs to bring out a car leather type scent vs a clothing leather. As the patchouli presents itself more the sandalwood and cedarwood keep it very dry and airy and not very sweet. Maybe because it is a spiced up leather and patchouli that doesn't quite make it to gourmand , boozy is the most apt descriptor for lack of a better one.
Bentley for Men Intense is indicated for cooler season wear and at the moment an inexpensive option to add to your collection. I'm not sure of it's office worthiness, and I like it enough to enjoy it, but I don't consider it a slam dunk blind buy recommendation. Personally I enjoy Azarro's Wanted by Night and Salvatore Ferragamo's Uomo Signature as preferable for the same situations but that is very subjective. Bentley for Men Intense is praised for a reason. At the inexpensive price point it is at right now I do recommend it, but if prices go significantly higher relative to other options that praise will dry up a bit. Still, this is another fine Lorson creation. Thumbs up.

A pretty great scent for the price, but the rum smells a bit cheap. I'm not sure if cheap is the right word; maybe one dimensional is a better description. It's worth the hype in some ways, but not in other ways. Contradictory, I know. It's mainly been hyped due to the price, so I understand why this has been on so many Youtube videos. The scent profile isn't mind blowing or unique, so alter your expectations.

It's a good scent, but you can save money up for other "boozy" type of scents.

A boozy, creamy masculine scent with wonderful longevity. It's rich and woody.
Reminds me just slightly of a more sophisticated and sweeter version of the original release of Kenneth Cole R.S.V.P. but Bentley Intense is the power house here. A beautiful fragrance.

Bentley for Men Intense is a warm, woody, aromatic masculine fragrance. I find it to be a comforting and enjoyable fragrance to wear from the opening to the dry-down. The opening of Bentley for Men Intense reminds me of sitting up at a grand wooden bar with a shot of rum in front of me, while the bar tenders mix and pour various spirits and liquors. The opening of this fragrance is deep and rich with cedar wood and leather. There is some benzoin in the opening and usually I'm not a big fan of benzoin scents, but in this composition it seems to be well blended and brings the other scents together to create a nice opulent gentlemen's bar accord. As the fragrance begins to settle on the skin that boozy note is there , like a good quality Caribbean rum, with a very appealing hint of caramel. I don't get as much of the pepper, but definitely the cinnamon is there. As the fragrance dries down it becomes slightly powdery and more floral. The incense is there throughout the trajectory but stands out more to me in the dry-down. Performance wise, Bentley for Men Intense lasts all day on my skin, albeit by the afternoon as a skin scent. It projects moderately well for the first 3 hours. I would say Bentley Intense for Men is a great autumn or winter scent, although I have enjoyed wearing it in spring. I think due to it's pleasant, generally appealing dry-down it is a versatile scent that can be worn at work or socially, perhaps even as a date fragrance, although I would describe it as comforting, relaxing and happy rather than sexy but other noses may find the boozy scent to be sexy. Overall Bentley Intense for Men is a rich, luxuriant fragrance with reasonable performance and for the price is a great value addition to my collection.

My thoughts on Bentley for Men Intense Bentley

I definitely get the pepper and rum up top, really nice. Then the cinnamon and woodiness come along, great. Even at dry down the cinnamon occasionally pops in with the wood and incense, lovely. Also, on my skin the patchouli and cedar are very apparent throughout which I love.

Honestly for the price point I think this is a great fragrance. It is priced well enough that I can wear it frequently and not have to worry about the cost, plus I really love this on me. I know others have said it “smells cheap” or is “too synthetic” but I do not get that from this at all. In fact, I think it smells quite classy and sophisticated; a very mature, manly scent. And it’s unique enough that I’ve never smelled it on anyone else. When I wear this I do get compliments on it from time to time.

Has pretty decent projection the first few hours, then settles in a bit closer to my body. Lasts a long time on me, probably about 8 hours before it is a true skin scent. I wear this to work as well as out for the evening. Wear it typically on cooler days since it’s a bit overwhelming to me in the heat. I would expect to smell this on a man as it’s very masculine and doesn’t really have a unisex vibe to my nose.

As always, your results may vary!

In the opening I get a huge blast of booze and peppery spices , drifts into incense and cedar with a benzoin under belly to offer sweet contrast to the dry woods, smells 75% like Guerlain Heritage but without the aldehydes and cumin , ultra masculine and masterful perfumery by Nathalie Lorson that really got her noticed, God knows how they produce this on such a small budget, it really does make you wonder how these niche houses charge so much money, performance is excellent with great projection in the first hour or two, if you enjoy Heritage and woody fragrances then this is well worth a try.

Show more reviews of Bentley for Men Intense...

Add your review of Bentley for Men Intense