Baptême du Feu

About Baptême du Feu by Serge Lutens

Serge Lutens

Where to buy Baptême du Feu

Reviews of Baptême du Feu by Serge Lutens

There are 13 reviews of Baptême du Feu by Serge Lutens.

Harsh opening of burnt citrus and smoke that is overwhelming for the first hour, but the more I wore Baptême du Feu the better it evolved. After an hour or so more dried fruit notes reminiscent of Christmas puddings. I got more hints of the cake-like gingerbread rather than the crisp cookie style and the smoke notes really simmered down and reminded me more of dying fire embers.

Wear was exceptionally long, 10+ hours.
May 28, 2021

A dark aroma of mandarin marmalade - with a touch of restrainedly chutney-like spicy zest - opens the beginning, with an underlying impression of a soft and creamy raisin bread also forthcoming here.

Soon a touch of smokiness arises, a slightly unusual burnt addition - maybe the gunpowder mentioned in the scent pyramid, which is given added depth by a castoreum; the latter becomes evinces a touch of sweet peppers and gradually becomes more prominent with time. Touches of osmanthus add another facet of gentle spiciness.

I get moderate sillage, good projection, and five hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for autumn evenings is quite a creative creation, which uses ideas not frequently used in perfumery. Some phases are thick and syrupy and are lacking nuances and texture at times, but the creaminess makes for a rich impression. 3.5/5
Apr 11, 2021

At first it is a bit difficult but as it evolves it becomes more and more cosy. Much more complex fragrance than the notes listed, so try it before purchasing. Personally I find it very interesting and unusual; an oriental who pretends to be gourmand with good longevity and the sillage is average . Spicy and sweet. For my nose the main notes are tangerine, gingerbread and floral note.
Dec 31, 2020

Magnificent! Smells like cold, dark red fruit. It's unisex, but I think it leans feminine.

It is one of the more unique scents I've smelled in my years. No questions about it, you should at least sample it.
Nov 14, 2020

Probably my favourite Lutens so far. His scents seem to turn on me a bit, and this one doesn't. A beautiful, rich, fiery, spicy, yet deep, dark and seductive perfume. I'm getting lots of cinnamon - or is it that gunpowder impression that appears cinnamon-y to me? Maybe there are some dried fruits under that to give it some slight sweetness, too - but overall fragrance is not sweet. It does feel like fire - a bit. And the name - Baptism by Fire - is both so beautiful and so fitting here. I couldn't wear this all the time, but I can definitely see myself growing to love it a lot.
Oct 14, 2019

Cirque rouge by Marc Chagall 1956-1960

fish
Feb 19, 2019

Show more reviews of Baptême du Feu...

Add your review of Baptême du Feu