Bahiana
Maître Parfumeur et Gantier (2005)

Overall

About Bahiana by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Reviews of Bahiana by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

There are 27 reviews of Bahiana by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier.

Grapefruit, tropical fruit, floral and woody notes. Closely resembles Minotaure from Pablo Picasso, and to a lesser extent South Bay from The different Company. Both Bahiana and Route du Vetiver share a pleasant sort of bitter freshness.
Jul 22, 2020

From January, 2015:

To me, Bahiana comes across as a fruity-green sweet citrus fragrance almost candy-like at times, but also quite natural so it remains smooth and pleasant throughout. It leaves a mellow, tropical impression and makes me imagine walking by a garden somewhere in the South Pacific on a pleasant, breezy day. There are crisp, watery green notes, light florals, and something vaguely resembling a refreshing cocktail. Although coconut is listed in the notes, Bahiana doesn't enlist the sweet, creamy variety that's found in scents like Philosykos and Virgin Island Water. So if you're looking for that, you're better off looking elsewhere. Instead, coconut as it's interpreted here refers to Agua de Coco, or coconut water, and its cooling green transparency, much different than and not to be confused with coconut milk. Bahiana's a light scent, with maybe a foot of projection at the most, but it's okay in this instance as it seems to be the intention rather than a flaw in the perfume itself. As it dries down, it fades into a subtly clean and fresh base of woody white musk and it serves itself well as a classy, understated conclusion.

A nice choice for the spring or summer, what I enjoy most about Bahiana is its subtlety. Besides its soft sillage, the sweet notes never become too sweet, the florals serve as accents, and rather than coconut milk, which might be the obvious choice, Bahiana incorporates coconut's greener and more watery facets. Thumbs up and worth sampling, Bahiana is 100% unisex; there's nothing in here that would be difficult to pull off for men or women. If I have one complaint, it's that the longevity is a bit short-lived. I get about 4 hours with it, though it's an enjoyable four hours and sometimes that's all I really need.

EDIT: Having worn this a few more times since my review I have noticed some creamier aspects of the coconut note come out as well. It's subtle, but provides a nice soft texture and just a little bit of that classic coconut milk smell in the
Aug 13, 2019

This is not my genre. The woods in this do not work for me.

I cannot shake the association of the synthetic smell from the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria fragrances.
Sep 22, 2017

Lively ‘wake up, wake up’ citrus at the start – mainly lemon to my nose with a bit of something mandarine-like as well – a good burst that includes citrus leaf accents among the peel. Faint cologne-like spicing; the coconut is just a hint of something creamy and foamy; discreet woods in the backdrop. I can see how this ticks the ‘refreshing’ box for summer. But it is also all much of a muchness, settling minutes into the wear into its pretty boring and somewhat soapy citrus and light woods statement.
Sep 23, 2016

I was going to stick this one with a downer review but I feel the soft, warm spice of elemi saved this composition from just being a party girl's mixed drink. Sure, Bahiana smells playful, sunny, and juicy, but it is very much fleeting, and without depth. There are most certainly people who would just as soon consort with airheads, bimbos, and playful, puppy-like drunks, but I myself usually prefer company with more substance.
If you think Jimmy Buffett is a great songwriter you might like Bahiana just fine.
Dec 28, 2015

I was offered this as an "Alternative" to Ananas Fizz. Fresh and citrussy-pineapple fruity to begin with, then dries down to Pina Colada, with a pleasant green afterthought. It does not last for ages, but is very pleasant as a summer fragrance. Smells almost good enough to eat. I didn't detect much flower in there.
Oct 19, 2014

Show more reviews of Bahiana...

Add your review of Bahiana