Baccarat Rouge 540
Maison Francis Kurkdjian for Baccarat (2014)

Overall

About Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Baccarat
Created for

Originally launched in 2014 for Bacarrat, the fragrance was relaunched in 2016 as part of the main Maison Françis Kurkdjian line.

Where to buy Baccarat Rouge 540

Reviews of Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

There are 48 reviews of Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.

Ambroxan, cotton-candy, and amberwoods. Super loud, sweet, and synthetic. It certainly gets noticed ... but this isn't the kind of scent that I want to get noticed wearing.
Nov 25, 2021

Band-aids and almond paste, flowers in the ICU, Nurse Ratchet chewing on a mouthful of Werther's.

As tenacious as a nightmare, with a nuclear-level sillage rivaled only by Angel and Amarige in their heydey and a stratospheric price tag that's obviously beside the point, because everyone seems to smell like this anyway (the woman who runs a local cosmetics shop says she can't keep it in stock).

I'm beginning to wonder if I should smell like it too.
Nov 4, 2021

If you're like me, and have an adverse reaction to a certain aromachemical that produces a burnt sugary praline note, this is to let you know Baccarat Rouge 540 has it and is rendered to a burnt fruit stew. Quite unpleasant.
I scrubbed it and underneath was left a more pleasant, seductive note. So I understand what many find appealing in this fragrance, but it is unwearable and unpleasant for me because of the power of one off aromachemical.
Jul 5, 2021

Sweet, long lasting, compliment getter, expensive... Not sure I'll ever be buying a full bottle, but I've enjoyed my sample a lot. Smells great on my wife too.
Jun 28, 2021

Baccarat Rouge 540 is probably ingenious but is definitely a "not for me" fragrance. A great success combining spicy-metallic, mineral, fruity, medicinal, woody and earthy/boisé elements with a solid virile (ambergris) animalic basic presence (in a balanced mild way). I detect similarities with "damp" scents a la Penhaligon's Juniper Sling (or partially with Rouge Bunny Rouge Tundra) which smells equally woody but finally sweeter and less boisé. I detect by soon peppery spices, earthiness and aromatics (juniper, angelica?) with a main woody/earthy presence linked with something mineral and undiscernible. What I appreciate is the general virility which is anyway overly dissonant (with weird "bloody accents") and audacious for my full pleasure (vaguely a la Zoologist Bat). The opening provides a sort of sugary metallic note as well, quickly linked (in a weird way) with mineral/woody patterns and with ambergris in a sort of fresh/fluidy boisé cedary way (fir and cedar combined with ambergris in a light fluidy way). The effect is sophisticated in its mineral/boisé juxtapositions but is frankly too paradoxical for a worshipper of (at most revisited) classic alchemies as me.
Mar 12, 2021

This stuff projects like crazy, and even 2 or 3 showers later, I can still smell remnants of this rancid odor. Who can possibly give this fragrance a thumbs up?
Dec 28, 2020

Show more reviews of Baccarat Rouge 540...

Add your review of Baccarat Rouge 540