B-612

About B-612 by Nishane

Nishane

Where to buy B-612

Reviews of B-612 by Nishane

There are 4 reviews of B-612 by Nishane.

Nishane B-612 (2018) is themed after an asteroid of the same name, and according to the brand of Nishane, is supposed to transport the wearer to feel like they are their own asteroid. I'm not touching that one, but what I will touch upon is how this fragrance not only doesn't smell like an asteroid (or what I'd imagine a ball of rock in space would smell like), but how it is quite possibly the most overpowered metallic modern fougère I've ever smelled to date. Imagine someone taking Luna Rossa Carbon (2017), itself a lavender-adjusted fougère take on the post-aquatic blue bomb of Dior Sauvage (2015), then take its strongest elements to near-toxic levels of power. Yeah, sounds lovely, doesn't it? You may not feel like an asteroid, but you'll want to ride one to escape an over-spray of this stuff. Instantly I'm reminded of a few things I don't like mixed with a few things I do. Namely, I get bits and traces of modern metallic fougère fragrances like Penhaligon's Sartorial (2010), tossed up with some jet fuel patchouli fragrances like Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Monsieur. (2015), cobbled on top of the amped-up version of the Luna Rossa Carbon and Dior Sauvage base.

You get a blast of metallic aldehydes, lavandin, and geranium. These opening moments don't smell so bad, but the heart is almost entirely synthetic woody-amber molecules and musks that show zero restraint. Cashmeran, norlimbanol, metallic acetates, javanol, and various forms of patchouli isolate create a bitter and scratchy nose feel that also starts to tickle the throat in large enough quantities like shown here. There is some kind of indescribable dryer sheets note too, so there may be galaxolide musk (in a perfume themed after a space object no less), that further pushes the artificial space-age power of this scent into asthma-inducing levels of projection. Indeed, my airways did start reacting and restricting to something in this perfume, so there is something in here that people sensitive to extremely potent chemical aromas need to watch out for. The base is tonka, ambroxan, and evernyl; I'm guessing this is for the fougère factor. Wear time is going to be forever at extrait de parfum concentration, and best use if you are to wear this is pretty much anywhere or any time, as B-612 feels like it is trying to be something of a signature scent. I personally never want to smell this again, on anyone.

Nishane is a niche house with appropriate "niche pricing", plus some overblown themes and market copy for the "perfume as art" crowd, but many of their compositions also strike out to be wearable and something you can reach for without a ton of thought. Creative directors and owners Mert Güzel & Murat Katran have actually done a good job of putting their home country of Turkey on the perfume map with this house, and their choice of niche perfume favorite Chris Maurice is admirable too, because his track record with brands like Xerjoff, Kemi Blending Magic, and Bois 1920 is noteworthy. However, everyone strikes out eventually, and they really hit a double-whammy of fail with this stuff. Screechy, asthma-inducing, noxious over-amped chemical bomb that somehow smells less pleasant than a can of Comet scouring powder, Nishane B-612 actually makes some Tom Ford ouds feel tame by comparison. If performance is literally all you care about, and you want everyone around you to wish that they could be whisked away by UFOs to escape your power, then B-612 may be the interstellar vehicle you wish to take. As for me, I'll keep my two feet on the ground, safe and sound while I catch my breath from the vapor lock this stuff causes. Thumbs down
Aug 8, 2021

Smells really close to Bond No. 9 Brooklyn which can be had for under $100 for 100ml. This fragrance was played out before I even smelled it because I sprayed my bottle of Brooklyn until it didn't smell good to me any longer. Save your money and buy Brooklyn if you must and you can thank me later.
Apr 27, 2021

B-612 is an impressive, modern fougere. I've seen comparisons to Beau De Jour but B-612 never transforms into that creamy, barbershop scent.

It has a fresh, clean, peppery opening. Some modern sweetness starts to come in a few minutes later.

The heart of the scent is a woody fougere with its nostalgic, dusty woods and earthy green notes. Smells very masculine.

The performance is really good. Projection is beyond an arms-length with only a few sprays and that lasts for maybe 3-4 hours. The late drydown is cleaner and softer and lasts about 10 hours. Even longer on clothes.
Aug 7, 2020

B-612 is a creamy, earthy, sweet fragrance. I thought it contained vanilla. Then I realized it was the cypress and patchouli. The lavender is present and soothing. It lasts a long time on me. I love Nishane.
Jul 28, 2020