Artisan Pure

Artisan Pure by John Varvatos

About Artisan Pure by John Varvatos

John Varvatos

The company says:

John Varvatos Artisan Pure is inspired by the verdant and lush hills of Xalapa, Mexico and its vast coffee and citrus groves. Redolent, luxurious citrus notes bring an understated elegance to modern, sun-warmed woods. The fragrance is a crisp, woody citrus scent, as refined as it is cool. Highlighted are three distinct types of petitgrains, which use all elements of the citrus tree: leaves, branches and tender fruit; as well as the best quality of orris.

Where to buy Artisan Pure

Reviews of Artisan Pure by John Varvatos

There are 16 reviews of Artisan Pure by John Varvatos.

This, friends, is what we call a “summer banger”. And a head turner. Could never call this boring and without character. Are we talking about the same product? This is bold, confident perfumery. And like it or not (I like it) it’s original and unique.

Artisan Pure zaps you with Italian citrus - I get mostly a deep, cloved orange that never leaves - and then adds woods that get smooth and creamy by the end. There’s an herbal quality to Artisan Pure, but it’s not the least bit green. That dark orange adds so much character. It’s tangy, spicy and sophisticated.

Pretty linear, and JV isn’t known for their projection, but this performs decent, and just smells sooooo good.

Even though he was discontinued, I wanted to meet him. I tested it in spring / summer (i.e. as intended).

What can I say? Well, it is a scent without character and totally boring. It's hard to find anything interesting in it. Oh, monotonous citrus, the "quality" of which is, at best, average.
He is indifferent to his surroundings. Durability below average (which, paradoxically, may be its advantage ...)

If this is what the "flagship" of the John Varvatos brand looked like, it is not surprising to me that it is no longer with us.

Tested with: Own decant.

Sorry for my English.

Not much citrus to my nose but I like it. I can't differentiate individual components like so many on here but it's a scent that seems to fit nicely on a cloudy day. It has a light but unique smell that won't knock people down, which is a plus for me, which fits one aspect of my personality and is something I can just enjoy.

Picked this up from TJ Maxx as saw some pretty positive reviews and got it on the cheap. My wife loves this one on me, though I'm neutral on it. I need 6+ sprays to smell it much, but she raves when I spray the minimum 3. To my nose, I don't get much citrus, but top to bottom it's very woody / green like being in a nursery with lots of plants. Maybe it was an older bottle, hence the presence at TJ Maxx, but on me this is pretty linear, with weak projection and low longevity.

Oh, this perfume is really worth be the best luxury rich feels smelling I've been looking for my whole life. This citrusy story is very unique and unforgettable. Been in my heart all the time since I've try it! So please don't discontinue this Artisan Pure. Pure love, Pure memories. Love quality and rich composition, bravo Rodrigo. Hi from Russia, Moscow.

On first try, this may seem straightforward and simple, but this is an unusually sophisticated designer fragrance with clever (and innovative) nuance.

The contrast between the neroli top and the spicy, musky mid and base makes this a kind of mass-market companion to Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, and it's not terribly far off from Assoluta in quality, either.

The citrus and synthetic musk in Assoluta is nicer, but it's hard to say that Assoluta is actually more complex; Artisan Pure has an intricate layering of accords and notes that speaks to a similar level of compositional thoughtfulness and imagination.

Show more reviews of Artisan Pure...

Add your review of Artisan Pure