Artisan Pure

Overall

About Artisan Pure by John Varvatos

John Varvatos

The company says:

John Varvatos Artisan Pure is inspired by the verdant and lush hills of Xalapa, Mexico and its vast coffee and citrus groves. Redolent, luxurious citrus notes bring an understated elegance to modern, sun-warmed woods. The fragrance is a crisp, woody citrus scent, as refined as it is cool. Highlighted are three distinct types of petitgrains, which use all elements of the citrus tree: leaves, branches and tender fruit; as well as the best quality of orris.

Reviews of Artisan Pure by John Varvatos

There are 14 reviews of Artisan Pure by John Varvatos.

Not much citrus to my nose but I like it. I can’t differentiate individual components like so many on here but it’s a scent that seems to fit nicely on a cloudy day. It has a light but unique smell that won’t knock people down, which is a plus for me, which fits one aspect of my personality and is something I can just enjoy.
Apr 24, 2021

Picked this up from TJ Maxx as saw some pretty positive reviews and got it on the cheap. My wife loves this one on me, though I'm neutral on it. I need 6+ sprays to smell it much, but she raves when I spray the minimum 3. To my nose, I don't get much citrus, but top to bottom it's very woody / green like being in a nursery with lots of plants. Maybe it was an older bottle, hence the presence at TJ Maxx, but on me this is pretty linear, with weak projection and low longevity.
Nov 22, 2020

Oh, this perfume is really worth be the best luxury rich feels smelling I’ve been looking for my whole life. This citrusy story is very unique and unforgettable. Been in my heart all the time since I’ve try it! So please don’t discontinue this Artisan Pure. Pure love, Pure memories. Love quality and rich composition, bravo Rodrigo. Hi from Russia, Moscow.
Oct 15, 2020

On first try, this may seem straightforward and simple, but this is an unusually sophisticated designer fragrance with clever (and innovative) nuance.

The contrast between the neroli top and the spicy, musky mid and base makes this a kind of mass-market companion to Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, and it's not terribly far off from Assoluta in quality, either.

The citrus and synthetic musk in Assoluta is nicer, but it's hard to say that Assoluta is actually more complex; Artisan Pure has an intricate layering of accords and notes that speaks to a similar level of compositional thoughtfulness and imagination.
Aug 24, 2020

I can't believe this costs less per ML than Ferrari bright neroli while being so much better. It is less linear, and you can smell way more notes. I might end up buying a backup bottle.
Mar 15, 2020

A superb citrus Summer fragrance with a unique twist. Although not a listed note, I can't help but notice a massive dose of chili pepper in this one, it might also just be paprika. It's there and it's very apparent, especially in the initial opening. As it fades the chili blends into what appears to be neroli, jasmine, iris, and citruses. I can make out all of these notes, but they do well sticking together, and blending well. I also get coriander but no cardamom. the dry down is sweet and woodsy and lasts a good 6-8 hours on skin.

I'd label this one a spicy aromatic citrus. the first time I sampled it, I thought it was just a good citrus. It wasn't until I bought a bottle that I realized the amount of depth in this fragrance. It's damn good, and for the price now, around $35 for a 4.2 oz bottle, you can't go wrong.
Mar 3, 2020

Show more reviews of Artisan Pure...

Add your review of Artisan Pure