Aromatic Lime

Montale
Pierre Montale

Where to buy Aromatic Lime

Reviews of Aromatic Lime by Montale

There are 15 reviews of Aromatic Lime by Montale.

This is a nice chypre fragrance with a bitter lime note. It smells mainly of a very citric lime wood rather than the fruit itself, and the scent is unmistakeably of lime but also with hints of bitter orange and saffron. It smells more like the rind or lime zest rather than the juicy flesh itself. The lime note also surprisingly persists throughout the duration of the fragrance and is not simply a top note. It also is unisex unlike the other two lime colognes I listed which are firmly in masculine territory, being a citric chypre (since the drydown basically smells of greenery). Sillage is moderate leaning strong in this fragrance. It has great longevity also, with 4 hours of strong projection and many more hours of light projection after that. Unfortunately however, it leans slightly feminine to my nose, so my favourite lime colognes remain Taylor of Old Bond Street No. 74 Victorian Limes, and Armani's Acqua di Gio.

Jun 22, 2018

Lime only in the opening, then turns into a soapy, barbershop fragrance that has excellent projection and longevity. I like Rive Gauche better for barbershop but the drydown for this isn't far off from that classic scent.
Feb 26, 2017

I would say this patchouli masterpiece is aromatic woody or chypre fragrance.
Lime is present trough whole composition, but it is not a cheap barber's shop kind of citrus smell.
It's deep, green, aromatic lime; sharp at the opening, but more of a lime zest than lime pulp further on.
Patchouli is beautiful earthy and strong. Very similar to patchouli in Givenchy Gentleman. Nicely balanced with smoky vetiver, bitter orange; powdery, herbal galbanum note and salty saffron.
Later on, after 7 hours, when the notes soften- it smells like a good old chypre, resembling Eau du Soir (and some parts of Aromatics Elixir).
It is in this phase that I get that this could maybe be a unisex fragrance (maybe). :)
With the dry down myrrh and sandalwood come forward to soften the composition even more, but the rest of the notes are still present. Lime zest stays with me till the end.
Actually, on my skin, this perfume smells like a lovely combination of Eau du Soir and Givenchy Gentleman- with added rich lime zest and a touch of Pino Silvestre Original's aromatic, woody freshness.
Very complex and nice.
Being a patchouli lover, I bought it for myself, but for me, this is a men's fragrance. Very masculine on my skin.
However, on my husband's skin, this is a gorgeous chypre. I can barely detect any lime or Pino kind of freshness on him (he can't too and complains this might be too feminine on him).
The irony is, he would like that it smells on him like it does on my skin, and I wish I could get what he gets from this lovely perfume.
Oh, the chemistry!
Try before you buy.
Longevity and sillage are above average (as expected from Montale house, anyway).
Feb 23, 2017

I agree with Darvant about this having a classical barber shop feel to it.
Lime peel + barber shop + a little clean soap = Aromatic Lime
Unlike any other Montale. I get good longevity on it.
Unlike Darvant, I think this is masculine from beginning to end, and my wife agrees.
Good for all seasons.
For those that think most Montales smell too similar, give this one a try.
Apr 12, 2013

I disagree that this is a feminine scent. It's masculine with feminine overtones.

On first application you get bitter notes of unripe citrus. After an hour it opens up to the characteristic tart 'lime' over a very deep herbal base that develops - becoming sweeter.

Dries down to a soft and floral citrus.

Sillage is low to medium. Although, The longevity is amazing. I was in and out of the office with a jacket, on a humid 35C day. I could still smell it by the end of the day (10hours+).

This is a must-buy for me.
Nov 30, 2012

Show more reviews of Aromatic Lime...

Add your review of Aromatic Lime