Armani Privé Cèdre Olympe

Overall

About Armani Privé Cèdre Olympe by Giorgio Armani

Giorgio Armani

Reviews of Armani Privé Cèdre Olympe by Giorgio Armani

Like odysseum I find this to be a truly lovely scent; although I find it to be anything but gentle.

I've been testing this now for about two weeks trying to decide between purchasing this or Vetiver Babylone which has a similar citrus/woody vibe; albeit much sweeter. Ultimately I made the plunge on a full bottle of Cèdre Olympe. I find this to be a far more interesting and certainly longer lasting and more powerful. For me the cedar note is quite a bit stronger than the citrus but the pungent lemon tree leaves still make quite an impact. This really is a wonderful combination of strong fresh citrus and an earthy cedar with a dash of pine.

While it's listed as unisex, I think this might be a bit cedar heavy for the ladies (not that there's anything wrong with ladies who wish to smell like cedar!).

Big thumbs up!
May 14, 2013

Revised review
This is a lovely scent, I like it a lot. The opening has great citrus notes. The bitter orange and bergamot are detectable and distinct, and together make a complex, spicy chord. The lemon tree leaves add an interesting note, sort of plump, green-leaf and intriguing. There are hints of conifer and wood, freshness and brown bark. The dry-down is commendable as it retains all of these elements and puts them into a gentle, smooth, suave package. At times there is a slight soapy aspect which I like. Very enjoyable to wear.
I'm sad to report that this gem has been discontinued.

Nov 9, 2012

Show more reviews of Armani Privé Cèdre Olympe...

Add your review of Armani Privé Cèdre Olympe