Armani Eau pour Homme

Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

About Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Giorgio Armani
Alain de Mourgues

Giorgio Armani's original men's fragrance.

Where to buy Armani Eau pour Homme

Reviews of Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

There are 112 reviews of Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani.

Very crisp greenish citrus chased by smooth and balmy woods. Instantly recognisable and the only Armani fragrance worth the price.

Not very wearable though. Seems tailored to dry, hot climates. On a cool day it sticks out like a Stetson at a bar mitzvah.

Citrus Chypre this is and worthy cut price copy of Nicolai New York about 70% similar with good projection but slightly less longevity, I doubt I will buy another New York and will stick to the Intense which has a very smooth woody dry down.
Well done Armani!
A classic relevant to the present day. FBW.

7.75/10

Armani Eau Pour Homme (1984) is a late arrival–but absolute peer–to an elite group of citrus Chypres starting with Chanel's 1955 Pour Monsieur and including Monsieur Givenchy, YSL Pour Homme, Capucci Pour Homme, among others. Le Galion's Whip (1953) should be included in this august company as well. Armani Pour Homme is a soapy, fresh scent that is clean and elegant; it is fresh and light yet the Sandalwood and Oak Moss in its base give it some real heft. I first smelled it in 1985 when I bought a bottle of Ralph Lauren's Monogram which had just come out. The sales woman at Bullock's put a mini of the Armani in the bag. When I got home I discovered it, gave it a try and instantly wished I had bought it instead of Monogram. Just as the Ralph Lauren scent completely synced with that brand's image, Armani Eau Pour Homme perfectly represents the pared down luxury that Armani is known for. As a complete aside, I remember an article in the London Times in the early 1990s in which Norman Lamont, then Chancellor of the Exchequer, claimed that he was addicted to Armani Eau Pour Homme. He has good taste!

For me, this is a very formal scent. It's nearly perfect in a business setting, or whenever you're wearing a suit. Classy and high quality. That said, the top notes are so astringent that I can find the initial effect off-putting. Lemon ad nauseam. But the drydown comes quickly and the mid and basenotes are more rounded, with clove and soapy woods. Is it as good as Chanel Pour Monsieur? Personally, I don't think so. But it's still very good, and similar to Dior's Eau Sauvage without the cabbage-y accord near the skin that I don't much care for in that scent. And contrary to what many have said, this has excellent longevity on my skin. It lasts all day and smells very masculine. It's a very present scent, similar to Aramis. The two fragrances are entirely different, but come from the same generation of chypres. Others will notice this scent and remark appreciatively. When I wear it, I catch myself getting wafts of the scent even late in the day and loving it. A true gem.

Almost a neutral, and solely for the strength. Which is terrible. And I sought out a vintage bottle.

However, the scent itself is fabulous! Soapy-ish, but not powdery. Lemony, but not abrasive. Spicy, but tame. Clove is listed, but dialed way back.

This is very classy, very office friendly, and very versatile. Quality juice, just needs some oomph behind it.

A masterfully constructed fragrance that smells divine. In many ways it does remind me of Bois Du Portugal. The problem is that it is let down by awful longevity and projection. The stuff is like tap water. Such a shame that something this good should disappear within 60 minutes.

Show more reviews of Armani Eau pour Homme...

Add your review of Armani Eau pour Homme