Reviews of Armani Code for Women

Overall

Armani Code for Women by Giorgio Armani

Add your review of Armani Code for Women

Reviews of Armani Code for Women by Giorgio Armani

There are 54 reviews of Armani Code for Women by Giorgio Armani.

kneath fleur du jour on
jjammii biscotti 1 finds
knight's powder c0debase

Later that day...

Armani Code Eau de Parfum Pour Femme

mothballed code

I never really smelled this one - not until last night, when actually wearing it from an old but very well-preserved sample. The Carlos Benaïm orange blossom dipped in honey *illusion* has a very calibrated sweetness - avoiding cotton candy excess which plagues so many fruity florals. There is just a touch of something I love - the "sexy mothball accord". Never mind that little bit of magic - it's just part of the psychological manipulation of perfume. You may interpret it somewhat differently. Or somewhat multiply. Welcome to participatory performance art which is actually a magic show which is actually Scentrix support code for the Matrix. Are you enjoying the show? Good. Your anonymous phone call says wear this one to bed, and wake up to the base, which may suddenly remind you of the powdery musk of the men's fragrance, yet more vanillic and less woody.

*click*

A "leisure" main synth accord of orangy jasmine, honey, woods and balsams. Code starts vibrant and fresh, somewhat vaguely earthy-herbal with a tad of citrus in order to flow quickly down towards something more voluptuos, softer, soapier/muskier and sweeter (smelling vaguely a la Dior Addict - but with no creaminess - with a tad of Elie Saab le Parfum). The juice smells about sophisticated honeyed orange plus sultry musky-hesperidic jasmine (synthetically chic and with a minimal tad of the Givenchy Very Irresistibile's icy-angular-cosmetic-vibe). This semi-oriental fragrance smells uncompromisingly feminine and modern while the sweetness is well calibrated imo. Best for winter nights out and seductive dates.

A sweet and fresh fruity floral that doesn't have anything to do with the masculine version. Not interesting enough. I would have loved the powder that's in the male counterpart. The cashmere flanker has some, but still very different. As a woman, I'd wear the masculine Armani code more eagerly than this. It cannot be given a thumbs down though.

Sweet orange in the top notes. With sone jasmine- not particularly unpleasant but very generic - dull it is.

White floral drydown - again not very unpleasant but again, apart from some nicer moments of orange blossom - very generic.

The base with its vanilla, honeyed sweetness - not cloying though - and touches of floral undertones - did I mention the word "generic"?

The performance is the main forte of this creation, with moderates sillage, very good projection and an excellent twelve hours of longevity on my skin.

A spring scent so clearly synthetic-chemical that ICI would have been proud of it. And, it is also not really a creative composition. Code blue - in an olfactory way. 1.75/5.

Thought it might be too sweet for me, but the sweet softens in the dry down and feels less screechy. There's also some slightly bitter brownish note - not sure what - that helps tamp down the sweetness.

Immediately, it smells as if you're dripping honey directly onto your skin. Intoxicating! The orange perfectly complements the vanilla and jasmine combo, and the ginger gives it just a little spiciness. This is an incredibly sweet fragrance, but not at all cloying - just sensually sweet. And mature, too - not in an 'old lady' way, but made for a woman oozing with confidence and sophistication. In my opinion, Armani Code is absolutely perfect for evening wear, casual daily wear, or even special occasions - making it a very versatile scent. A perfectly balanced blend.

Armani Code has a sweet, innocent vibe with a hint of sexyness, in a fun and flirty way, like the essence of "the girl next door".

I first got my sample and did not like it much at first, but a week or so later I sniffed it on my coat and wondered what the hell smelled so good in my wardrobe. It was the Armani juice and I bought it that same day.

It begins with a fruity accord of orange blossom, spicy ginger and fresh pear, to be followed by sweet vanilla, honey and a bit of sandalwood. The drydown is exquisite, and it might struck you with strong orange at first, but let it still and you will be enchanted just as I was.

I'm a sucker for anything with jasmin and orange in it, but I have to admit that I was expecting a bit more from that combo. The ad doesn't mix the fragrance, as in the way that it smells too casual to be elegant.

It's sensual in a sweet an innocent way, but it's not quite a head-turner, heady and strong scent. It's the jeans+white tank sort of fragrance, perfect for casual day/evening wear.

I think the more you wear it, the best you discover for when or how much -or if- it suits you. It's not a sillage monster, but I have had compliments from people from the next table at a restaurant.

This one just doesn't work on my skin....a little too soapy for my taste. Great longevity though! I don't get the vanilla or honey at all. Oh well! Moving on! :)

ARMANI CODE is a enthralling modern mix of the best Flowers and without doubt is Carlos Benaim style that jasmine is essence his products. fresh, floral scent,not too heavy,delightful, sweet,sophisticated chic and romantic.

When you wearning it you feel it is a Part of you.All notes are at a nice harmony. strong opening with Fresh notes.within a minute The floral notes definitely jasmine comes in.i find it seductive and charming.the base notes is kind and lovely.

In my opinion it is like a charming freind that you will not never forget.great with a black dress and perfect for Autumn Evening specially a garden party. fenerally if you want to feel feminine and oomph you must wearning this beautiful EDP.

Anis!Sadly, the beauty of this fragrance is lost on me. My skin tends to really affect scent, and in this case, all I end up with is a musky licorice. And I don't like licorice notes, except in good root beer. I can layer this with a gourmand like Angel or Delicious Cotton Candy and it will be fine, but I would have liked to be one of the lucky ones who can wear this well. Pros: Well-craftedCons: Price; not compatible with all skin"

This perfume has no middle notes! Soft floral start, then a synthetic, green, resinous drydown. I get the weird crackers and butter note too. And yes, the butter is a little bit rancid.

Bubblegum. I like it. It's childish in a fun way. It makes me hungry to chew a wad of sweet, dripping Bazooka bubblegum. Armani Code is juicy with flavor, tasty with sugar and vanilla. I was looking for a vanilla fragrance when I tried this, but it doesn't quite fit the bill due to its abundance of citrus fruit. Initially, the top notes impressed me as grapefruit, but later the fragrance seemed to be dominated by orange and lemon softened by vanilla. Someone here described it as "Cream-sicle," and I do agree with that assessment. I couldn't wear it daily even though I find it amazingly attractive. My appetite poses a problem for me wearing fragrances that smell like sweets; I can't take my mind off of eating. If I were out, driving around at night, this one would cause me to stop at the nearest gas station convenience store buy a big handful of gum.

I smelled this on a female co-worker and was dumbstruck at how beautiful it is...in the air.

On the skin, the first impression I got was funny. Animal crackers! Sweet and sugary and buttery.

Perfumes are so complicated now, compositions using aromachemical molecules that are often imperceptible to the wearer (olfactory fatigue, anosmia) but that hover in the air in a brilliant cloud for those around them...paradisone, berryflor, International Flavors and Fragrances does nothing but try to produce novel molecules for this purpose, but it has rendered review and recognition of any single new fragrance almost impossible. They have become postmodern "simulacra" where the copy is so pervasive it is mistaken for being the true original. We cannot imagine what real deer musk smelled like anymore..

Armani Code for women is one of those mysteries. It is not a wrist sniffer. Near the wrist, it comes off as a cloudy, velvety "me too" fragrance. But the suederol, musks, and maybe even Iso E Super are blunted and blended so craftily that they equal a whole that does not represent the parts. Under it all is a lightly used touch of soapy generic Avon, but smudged with an ozone-like matrix scaffolding that comes across like the smell of a dirty refrigerator. Almost a metallic or mineral feel, dusty and cold.

How this all falls into place is not detectable to the wearer. It is for all of us around him or her to decide. I finally found this fragrance to be breathtaking...in a good way.

Beautiful opening, bright citrus and orange blossom, but an hour on my skin and the drydown is nauseatingly bad. I've sampled it twice, but something in the latter part disagrees horribly with my skin--a rancid odor, like sour milk almost, appears. Luckily, the whole experience fades quickly after that. This is why I never buy a perfume upon a love-at-first-spray!

Sexy, Mysterious, Exotic without being cloying... and yet Fresh, Feminine and Fun....

It makes me feel sexy and yet social, a bit of a paradox really....

It's classy and sophisticated and yet really accessible and youthful...

Armani Code is in one word; divine.

The best description that I can give: it's like a mixture of Deep Red by Hugo Boss, (not as sweet), and Euphoria by Calvin Klein. It also smells very much like Diesel Plus Plus Feminine in the drydown.

Ok, so obviously this isn't a unique scent, but it certainly is appealing. It's musky, mysterious, dark, hauntingly beautiful and spicy.

The bottle and the commercial suits this fragrance perfectly. It is quite a sophisticated, yet sensual night-time fragrance.

Of course you can never go wrong with Armani fragrances, they almost always exude quality and class.

I was quite surprised that Armani Code wasn't heavy with the citrus notes. I expected the bitter orange note in particular to be strong like in Moschino Funny!, however the citruses were soft and nicely blended with the jasmine.

The jasmine in this fragrance is most intriguing because instead of being soft, pretty and feminine, it is the opposite becoming daring and sexy. The honey and vanilla notes in the drydown are also worth raving over because together they create a scent that is truly breathtaking.

For something that speaks confidence, sexiness and allure, you simply can't go wrong with Armani Code.

I bought this back in 2006 when it first came out and I still have about a little less than half a bottle. This isn't one that I can wear daily, or even weekly, as I have to be in the right mood for it.

I find the opening to be very harsh to my nose due to the ginger and oranges, but that only lasts a few minutes. The heart of this fragrance, IMO, is the best part...subtle, sweet, sultry, and musky all at once. I've found that I usually don't like fragrances with orange blossom notes, but this one is an exception. I think the jasmine & sandalwood are a great combination to tame the citrus of orange absolute.

The dry-down is very powdery...which I usually wouldn't like, but I can still smell the jasmine throughout, which makes it worthwhile. A strange fragrance with a beautiful bottle that I doubt I will purchase again.

Jan
2009

*Addendum: swapped!

When l first tested the EDP in the store, l thought it was a nice, sensual fragrance, & l too thought it was a "light" version of Alien. But like others have mentioned, it seemed to break apart on my skin after a couple of hours. Then l saw a bottle of the parfum for sale online, & wondered if it might have a little more staying power; l couldn't resist ordering it. lt appears the parfum has been discontinued, but looking at the notes for the Elixir on Armani's website, it would appear that they are one & the same. The notes listed, as well as those above, are; violet, tonka, ginger & sandalwood.
l find this considerably more satisfying than the EDP. The orange blossom is more pronounced, l get all of the notes described, as well as some incense, & the base is a more "solid" amber & honey combo. lf you're looking for a less in-your-face version of Alien, l highly recommend this. lt's suitable for day or evening, l've even worn it to work a few times, & l think it will really bloom in summer. The longevity could still be better- it lasts around 5 hours on me, & the sillage is soft, but this is a very feminine, warm, not-too-sweet oriental.

I was quite surprised by this as I am not a big fan of florals. That being said, when it first goes on it's a combo of fresh (citrus), floral (white flowers), and lightly spicy (ginger).The citrus fades into the clean floral but then the mysterious sultry, sexy element comes in (woods and amber would be my guess). In the end the woods/amber note takes a backseat to the honey and vanilla. It ends out sweet w a warm undertone that really makes it pleasant. I was afraid the vanilla and honey would make it too sweet but it's not a sugary sweet, it's more mellow and definitely not overdone. I plan to wear this as my winter work scent (maybe even late fall too).

I was looking for something oriental without being out of the park dark and rich. I mean I love my Opium but I cannot wear something so "temple mystic in Morocco" all the time, I needed a break that wasn't a floral (I just purchased Rose Essentielle for that purpose and I have Stella as well). I had tried Alien a few weeks ago and a part of me loved it but....I was not sure it was me, there was a brightness or sharpness to it that made me question a commitment some people have described it as a strange "windex" smell. Code is the answer to my Alien problem. When the SA sprayed this on a card for me my mind went immediately "this is Alien light!" it has such a strong similarity I was wondering she had sprayed the wrong bottle on the card but as it dried I noticed no strange sharpness!!! Code has a very similar jasmine and vanilla kick on my skin that is very appealing without the sharp "solar" accord in Alien that made me worried. I like this very much and may commit to Alien at some point after wearing Code for awhile. I would be very interested in seeing what someone who owns both thinks of the two.

this one gets good once it gets goingbehind the knees and under the bresstoo much for me on wriststhere's a creamsicle thing on my skin that takes about 20min-an hour to fadebut for what's left it's worth itand it's not quite a cheapiebut it won't break the bankhas the plushness and billowyness of a "fine" fragranceand the sense of fun of a drugstore perfumethe attitude itself is a blonde smiling in the sunthen lounging on a hammockstill game for jokes or a game of pool

Definitely my favourite evening perfume at the moment. Very fragrant and rich, full bodied. I LOVE orange blosson, and this is a fruity, sexy perfume. Bit too heavy for day wear, but perfect for a night out. Comes alive on a warm evening or in a warm restaurant.Beautiful bottle as well, in my favourite colour!

I LOVE THIS ONE TOO, ANOTHER ONE OF MY FAV'S!

This one is very popular right now. It's Armani's first real hit with women.I too find Alien and Code for women quite similar. On the street I'm often puzzelled if someones sillage is one or the other. Compaired next to each other, Code is creamier with almost a suntan lotion quality. Alien is more woody. Code is more casual and easier to wear. With a stronger concept (image), I used to prefer Alien. Now I'm not so sure anymore.Now, I have a nice tip. Don't waist your money on either bath & body line as there is a cheaper alternative. Yes, there is third fragrance with a similar structure... The Body Shops Neroli Jasmin. Maybe the edt is not that similar but you won't find much of a difference in the bath gel or body lotion. They match Alien or Code perfectly.