Aqua Amara

About Aqua Amara by Bulgari

Bulgari
Firmenich

Reviews of Aqua Amara by Bulgari

There are 27 reviews of Aqua Amara by Bulgari.

I lived in Phoenix for three years, where the first half of summer (June to mid-July) would be not only extremely hot, but also bone dry. Aqua Amara from start to end is characterised by a "baked earth" dryness that reminds me of those Phoenix days. There's some orange-neroli notes here, with all juice and pulp removed to render everything dry, then fused with a base of patchouli and incense. Strangely, the dry-down appears even more expansive thanks to the incense, as the dry texture of the scent is further exaggerated. Duration is good, and sillage is impressive for a perfume of this style.

Aqua Amara is very cleverly executed by Jacques Cavallier, who has signed many landmark releases (particularly for men). The citrus notes used are quite unique for their texture, and work very well with the dry-down here to create a distinctive and innovative perfume.

3.5/5
Jun 15, 2021

The Best Bulgari ,one of best scent's summer.
Mar 31, 2020

Love, love, love this scent; especially in the summer.
The orange vibe is so fresh, its well, refreshing. Combined with either the patchouli, or I suspect the Frankincense, the neroli and mandarin hovers lightly, but also solidly settles on my skin for over 10 hours in a way that very few fragrances can.

Not sure I get the aquatic angle, unless it the "slightly Salty" influence.
Aqua Amara was a blind buy of based on some of your reviews, following a sample of Bulgari (I'm not European; I'm going to use the U), Garanat. While I found that one too OOUDY - which spells like pee on my skin - Aqua Amara is among my best blind buys.
May 22, 2019

Aqva Amara is a pleasant scent to me, if admittedly synthetic. The mandarin opening is strong, though you'll never mistake it for a natural mandarin scent.

It has decent projection and longevity. To me, the synthetic quality of it makes it feel a bit heavier than more natural scents that are similar.

Overall, it's not bad, but I wouldn't put it at the top of my collection.
May 22, 2019

When a fragrance is built out of a a simple combination of notes with one key note as throughline, that note needs to have some richness and complexity unto itself to carry the fragrance. The dominating mandarin orange note, which announces itself in the opening here and then slowly fades into the salty background over the course of the scent's lifetime, is tinny, and it's a bit grating when it's at its loudest.

But I do enjoy that saltwater dry-down. It's not revolutionary, but it has a nice, earthy feel. So once the opening citrus burst has calmed down a bit, the fragrance becomes quite pleasant.

It lasted a long time on my skin, though sillage, as you'd expect for this kind of citrusy aquatic fragrance, wasn't very strong.
Feb 24, 2019

Power Summer Fragrence.

Fresh and very long lasting. My only criticism is that there is a hint of egg to the scent. Yes! Egg! Once you smell it you can't un-smell it.

But if you can bear the hint of egg it really is a nice fruity fresh summer beast that will garner you compliments.
Jan 12, 2019

Show more reviews of Aqua Amara...

Add your review of Aqua Amara