Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia

Guerlain
Thierry Wasser

Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia is a women's perfume launched in 2012 by Guerlain

Where to buy Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia

Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia on eBay (Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia by Guerlain)

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia by Guerlain

There are 14 reviews of Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia by Guerlain.

A sweet dream from which you do not want to wake up, a dream that carries you close to the sun, to the light, and to the feeling of of happiness as part of you. As a kid, I was fascinated by watching motes of dust floating through a ray of sunlight that would go through the window at a certain time, late in the afternoon. The way the tiny particles would glow golden in the light just seemed to freeze time, it was so magical. Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia gives me that feeling. It has a hazy, golden, soft focus quality to it, the feeling of sun warming your skin, that magical our or so in the evening when the light turns everything to gold.

Some Guerlain's have been instant loves, but many have taken their time to grow on me, for me to understand their strange alluring magic, the exquisite balances of notes, the poetry of the journey as it blooms, just like this one. The tuberowe is very indolic (which tuberose is) for several minutes at the start, It's too much. Then it softens and blooms into a sweet tropical delight... sunshine amongst a bunch of yellow and white flowers. The ylang ylang makes a bit sweeter, the vanilla gives it a bit of warmth and creaminess, and the lile of the valley rounds it out. Thumbs Up.

French perfumers use the word solaire, which I've never quite understood - until now.
It means sunny, of course, and there is also a connection to crème solaire - sun cream. You can smell the sun cream in Pierre Bourdon's Jil Sander Sun, but here, Lys Soleia is a charming lily; sunny, 'orange' and sweet.
It's such an innocent thing I can't help liking it, even though I hate lily scents and their toxic molecules.
So, mixed feelings about it's disappearance, it was good but at the same time it's no big deal that it's gone.

Best lily frag I've ever smelled.
Creamy citrus and thick florals. Custard-like feel. Desert frag, in a way. Egg-like in a flan desert thing? Vanilla that is creamy and gentle. Good stuff, for sure. One of the best Aqua Allegoria scents I have tried. And of course, discontinued. (I managed to find a full bottle cheap, so I'm good). This one, is happy, for lack of a better word.
Ylang ylang and tuberose truly compliment lily here. Musk and vanilla only enhance the lily. Nothing bitter. Nothing stinks. A bit of sweetness - a bit of honey. Classy. Country mouse - not city rat.

I do not normally drool over such gentle perfumes. This, is an exception.
I get a cooked, banana-rum flavor later, with a slight bit of hardwood underneath.
Candied-custard and florals sustain. Warm weather frag it is, but this would thrill in colder months, when one needs a taste of summer, a boost of inspiration.

Dusty wood, steady lily, cold, creamy fruit goes on for awhile. It tricks me now and then. Notes move around and in layers. Always remains gentle and gourmand and just plain happy.

Gets creamier with time. Long-lasting. Ultimate femme!

It's sweet but it's dry. A bit in the way an oil can be dry. It's not a gourmand, but it has the honey smell that some flowers offer. I would love it if it wasn't staying so close to my skin. Joyful tuberose, with a bit of « putrefaction ».

The opening with the lily-and-hesperidic opening blast is very pleasant, with none of the two too dominant. The citric tone is incorporated into the mix and pleasant.

In the drydown the subtle waxiness and aroma of the tuberose blends in well with the rise if a lively ylang-ylang, with the latter's sweetness remaining sufficiently balanced. Then vanilla is added when approaching the base, but this is an unexpectedly unobtrusive vanilla and never cloying in spite of the ylang-ylang's additional sweetness already tilting this product towards the sweeter range.

Moderate sillage, giod projection and ten hours of longevity - that's the performance I get on my skin.

Technically done well and quite well balanced, this fragrance for spring days is well executed, albeit marred by a certain lack of originality. 3.25/5

With the mentioned ingredients, you expect a heavy, headachy scent, but it is not. It's sunny, sweet and flowery, with a moderate sillage. A fine fragrance for a certain mood - of summer and lightness.

Show more reviews of Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia...

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia