Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella

About Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella by Guerlain

Guerlain

Where to buy Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella by Guerlain

There are 19 reviews of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella by Guerlain.

Opened with a mild, breezy spiced aniseed that sadly burnt off within seconds. A watery transparency is lovely and lends itself to a juicy citrus concoction. I get some bergamot and possibly orange. Some soft floral is present, I'm thinking Jasmine. I wanted some licorice and wood to come through, but alas, they did not.

As with many of the AA fragrances, it turned into a synthetic, sweet hand soap scent. If only the aniseed would last, or the licorice and wood had come through. Projection stays close to the skin as with all Aqua Allegoria scents; longevity is about 2 hours. I'd love some additional herbaceous-ness. It's a cooling and fresh spring/summer scent.
Sep 14, 2020

Although marked as a feminine scent on basenotes, I think this is a decent unisex fragrance as well.

Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella - "Beautiful Anise" - is a fresh, herbal creation that also utilized licorice to reinforce the star anise that is the main act.

AAAB has an airy quality overall, keeping the anise note the primary focus throughout the wear cycle. It starts out with a slightly citrus hit that quickly puts anise forward, swirling about with hints of florals and greens to put some depth. Basil is evident, adding a nice "shade" to the strength of licorice / anise in AAAB.

Aromatic and not sweet, compared to Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculin and Kenzoair by Kanzo. Those have a more gourmand thing to them, whereas AAAB is a simple expression without such adornments.
Sep 22, 2018

Ultra light fragrance on my skin. Light orange. Very light licorice smell. Light everything, really. The basil and tea notes are noticeable at least. This is basically a summery fresh perfume. Nothing jumps out for me. Gentle wood base.
Sep 20, 2018

Another lovely green freshie from the AA line. Basil works well to keep the anise in check - it's a note that can easily become a little too much. Still, that note and its oriental associations make this a great frag for transitioning between seasons - lovely for early spring and the autumn. Star anise in the heart and liquorice in the base gives the opening character a longevity rarely achieved with fresh/citrus fragrances. While I get a waft of jasmine, I don't get any violet at all and I wonder whether the scent pyramid is referring to violet leaf - there's an earthiness in there, for sure, which could be violet leaf and liquorice in concert.
Decent projection, weak sillage, moderate longevity.
I think it's a lovely fragrance, although it's definitely not one of the big sellers of the AA line - I got mine for next-to-nothing on *that* auction site. I guess anise and its associates are something of an acquired taste, which is fine with me...
Feb 16, 2018

A complex fragrance, the licorice/star anise is wrapped in basil and other greenery to give a cool, green theme. The cedar give a coolness that keeps this from being gourmand. I don't care for it, but I appreciate the great quality.
Jun 4, 2017

Having liked Lolita Lempicka, I bought this on the basis of the promise of anise-- and I sincerely regret it. It smells of liquorice allsorts with a malevolent strength and barb to it, with a sickly sweet and soapy undertone added almost, it would seem, as an afterthought.

This is one truly vile fragrance and I cannot wait to find someone to take this bottle off my hands.
Jan 28, 2012

Show more reviews of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella...

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella