Antonia

About Antonia by Puredistance

Puredistance
Firmenich

Reviews of Antonia by Puredistance

There are 4 reviews of Antonia by Puredistance.

Antonia calls to mind Chanel's legendary No 19, with its green combination of galbanum, vetiver, and iris, but layered with a peachy rose fruity floral. To me, the peachy rose cheapens Antonia's topnotes, but once everything melts together, it's quite beautiful.

Once it all comes together, the peach amplifies the round sweetness of an oakmoss base, while the rose melts into a "white flowers" accord, which in turn mixes with the iris and some quiet musk to give a soapy clean quality under the greens.

This is nice, if not that groundbreaking (I'm still not sure that adding some fruity floral elements to No. 19 is a $600 idea), but there's no arguing that this is a fully orchestrated perfume in a grand style. Thumbs up.
May 2, 2021

Antonia is a gorgeous, high quality floral. The perfect fragrance for a Spring bride's wedding day or a Mother's Day gift. The lily of the valley aspect is modern and the iris really sings in the opening. For this price, I wish that the longevity was a bit better. It faded to powder on me in 3 hours. But this one is definitely going on my wishlist.
May 6, 2015

This was a 'kill me now for I have seen heaven' moment in the store: if I had had the ready cash I would have bought first and thought of the consequences later. Antonia has that knock-out effect when sprayed; the senses reel with delight, its classiness is effortless.
Testing it in the more sober environs of my home, I can see why this appeals to me so: it has the hallmarks of the grand old school florals I adore. The heart chord couldn't be more traditional: jasmine-ylang-rose – how many times has one come across that before? And the support is by a soft-as-down orris and some soapy vanilla. Everything is buffed to perfection, in exquisite proportion and eminently wearable. The whole thing shimmers like an aura; it makes me feel slinky and sexy. (Admittedly 4-5 hours in, this becomes a thoroughly blended abstract floral, still sophisticated but no longer an absolute blinder.) It's a quantum leap forward from the drugstore quality of puredistance 1, but I'd still like to see it at about a third of the price to seriously consider a purchase.
May 8, 2012

Antonia is green green green gras...very fine, sexy...
Mar 23, 2012