Ambrette 9

About Ambrette 9 by Le Labo

Le Labo

Where to buy Ambrette 9

Reviews of Ambrette 9 by Le Labo

Perfectly nice fragrance. Light with a very pronounced pear notes supported by white florals and warmish musks. Would be great in summer. I’m glad I tried it but I prefer something with more of a twist.
Feb 12, 2020

Incredibly sexy smelling on the right person. Musky and delicate, innocent and naughty at the same time. I don’t know if it’s my lady’s skin chemistry but NOTHING smells as good as this on her. Not Shalimar, not AE or White Linen. Not niche scents. Not classics.

I’m not sure if different people perceive different aspects or if this turns sour on some people’s skin.

But damn, this is a 10/10 under the right circumstances. Good one, le Labo.
Aug 2, 2019

You're a sharp pear, pressed, juiced, diluted with sweet and sweaty breast milk, and then fed to a baby. Your existence is brief, lukewarm, and unremarkable. Ambrette 9 by Le Labo.
Feb 25, 2018

Not an unqualified success, it is light and delicate. I'm not sure I understand the brief I read about wanting to reproduce the mild milky mother and baby smell. Not getting that myself, there is a touch of very clean baby shampoo/powder smell with a grassy undertone of faint baby sick and perhaps poo? But not as disgusting as that reads. It does smell of clean warm bodies. It doesn't have a synthetic vibe and for such a mild and light scent it lasts amazingly well. It blooms in summer with warmth and possibly sweat into a post workout just showered feeling.
Aug 23, 2017

I can't say I see much merit in Le Labo Ambrette 9 at all. The opening is an acerbic mix of alcohol and rotten fruit, and it dries down to a gentler, sweeter version of the opening. I'd just as well wear no fragrance at all as opposed to something like this at a niche cost. It's not repulsive, just bizarre and underwhelming from both the standpoints of performance and scent, almost to the point that I'd guess I'd received a bad sample if it weren't an official Le Labo sample. Not much else to say apart from recommending against a blind buy.

4 out of 10
Apr 20, 2016

Ambrette by Le Labo is a cute and graceful scented thingy gently and carelessly revolving around amber, musk, ambrettolide, ambroxan, with something fruity on top and a pleasant anisic-floral breeze providing a watercolour silky touch all over. Cozy, sweet, lively, as much pleasant as completely unsubstantial to me, as it basically smells like the drydown of a whatever floral-fruity feminine scent from the late Nineties. Feeble, nerveless, and short lived. Meh...

5,5-6/10
Jan 22, 2015

Show more reviews of Ambrette 9...

Add your review of Ambrette 9