Ambre 114
Histoires de Parfums (2001)

Overall

About Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums

Histoires de Parfums

Where to buy Ambre 114

Reviews of Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums

There are 46 reviews of Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums.

This is one to wear when you're in a calm or somber mood where you just want a fragrance that reminds you in a calming manner that things will be okay and that good things are ahead. rich,true amber with a wearable transparency.a deep and enchanting scent,worthy for amber and spicy lovers.

First impression a dark yet delicious amber.the vanilla is the second most prominent note and adds it's aromatic, mildly sweet accord adding depth to the fragrance.the patchouli and vetiver add a soft green tone. finally,the geranium adds a mild floral touch.as the fragrance commences to dry down,the amber softens and changes from a sharp to a more delicate and powdery accord. feeling that makes you wanna bite your wrist. totally it feels familiar to me and nothing something special.
Oct 16, 2021

Ambre 114 is often named as a reference or benchmark amber. I found it thin and odd, but more plastic and old lace than powdery as other red badges have noted. Thumbs down is not an indictment nor is it meant to dissuade others from trying Ambre 114. Merely, interested parties should not consider this a safe blind buy despite its reputation as a well-received reference amber. No real cautionary tale here except sample first and check discounters for availability in the $80-$90 range. Review from a purchased sample.
Dec 16, 2020

I normally like amber-based scent, but this one just wore "wrong" on me. it smelled fine on the the tester. Then the skin test:
The initial odd combination of thyme and nutmeg, (never/rarely used combo in food) replaced by the mid-tone scents which is where the real annoyance began.
Then I re-read:there are some sandalwoods and more often common musks which just do not work with my chemistry, and patchouli is not a scent I generally like. I tend to think it was the musk, but washed it off after three hours of trying to ignore the smell.
Oct 26, 2020

Maybe this one just doesn't work on my skin, but whatever it is, I find it really unimpressive. The opening comes off as a pretty unpleasant mix of baby powder and sharp plastic. I really don't know what's causing it. I've tried other ambers which don't do that. I typically associate a baby powder smell with heliotrope, but that's not present here. Things start to blend and calm within an hour, it remains quite a bit powdery throughout, but less so than the opening. Overall, just not what I want out of an amber.
Feb 28, 2020

creamy smooth amber...amber takes center stage and everyone else just plays a supporting role...currently , one of my favorite amber fragrances...doesn't really get a powdery effect like some amber fragrances tend to do...nice touch of spiciness...nice vanilla without really getting too sweet...a little muskiness to add overall body to the fragrance...and patchouli...love patchouli and think it goes especially nice when riding in tandem with amber...feels warm and cozy...full bottle worthy to my nose...the flower and wood are pretty discreet to me....
Apr 15, 2019

A nice amber with a spicy top and excellent performance. A really comforting scent to have with you at the end of the day. It really rewards testing on the skin, where the promised 114 ingredients can be noted (well, some of them at least), as opposed to on paper, where it just smells like amber. Certainly among the best of the HdP samples I have tested recently.
Sep 26, 2018

Show more reviews of Ambre 114...

Add your review of Ambre 114