Ambra Aurea

Overall

About Ambra Aurea by Profumum

Profumum

Reviews of Ambra Aurea by Profumum

There are 23 reviews of Ambra Aurea by Profumum.

Like dark medieval gothic chantries,secret rituals & forbidden mysticism.Ambra Aurea a bold fragrance for sure in the sense that it's a niche fragrance and doesn't have mainstream appeal. it's not a sweet fragrance and i think that is what kind of throws you at first. most fragrances with this much amber have a little more sweet to counter it.well,a lot more. when i first put this on i was not found of it at all.this fragrance hits as a sexy,masculine amber although,it is perfectly well wearable for women too.

A dark resinous amber for the first few minutes. as time passes,the incense rises higher to power and as becomes darker & intensely smoky,in fact the dry down is magical as if the perfume resinate warmth - physical warmth- like a big bear hug of warmth.it's the big brother of Amber Sultan. Ambra Aurea has some resemblance to Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain, but the incense and darkness are amped up here. i find works best when applied lightly with just one or two sprays.a true gem.
Aug 23, 2021

Smells like burning joss paper soaked in a bit of Amber Absolute.
May 29, 2021

I've worn my share of amber - the essential oil was about all I wore in my twenties. Amber. I know it's a fantastic note, one of the greatest, but it takes me back to 'those days,' and I'm not there anymore. Then this!! This is deep breath sensual. It's causing a warmth and heaviness between my shoulder blades. This is velvet smooth. This is ancient and rich.
Dec 8, 2020

Starts out very rich and complexed with that initial niche style amber smell that is prominant in Ambre Russe and a few others , sort of warm and skanky, soon enough I'm reminded of Tom fords tobbaco oud with that dry smokey feel , however the fragrance never becomes dry or overly ashy, a start that through experience I didn't pass off, I couldn't stop smelling my hand, it evolves into the ambergris dry down I'm accustomed too in many creeds but the ambergris in this is accentuated to another level and becomes the fragrance as a whole, it's really addictive and seems to get more and more sexy. To summarize, this is a smoked ambergris fragrance of the highest quality and concentration , it may seem expensive but for what you get it represents amazing value, 12+ hours of top quality.
Apr 8, 2019

A dark, deep and smokey amber. Fortunately not of the super sweet and vanillic kind. I can see the ambergris element especially in the opening, its a little salty and sort of gooey, which is nicely contrasted by the dry smoky incense. It becomes softer and gentler after the first few hours, but it is still very tenacious. Pretty linear and simple, but in this case it's solid and smells very good so I don't mind very much. Beautiful job.
Mar 14, 2019

I usually like Profumum Roma's offerings but this time... Nope. No bueno.

To my nose, it smells like a Turkish bazaar, in the corner of the dusty old carpets.

As expected from this house, longevity and sillage are beastly.
Feb 7, 2019

Show more reviews of Ambra Aurea...

Add your review of Ambra Aurea