Alien Oud Majestueux

Overall

About Alien Oud Majestueux by Thierry Mugler

Thierry Mugler

Reviews of Alien Oud Majestueux by Thierry Mugler

There are 9 reviews of Alien Oud Majestueux by Thierry Mugler.

Oh, I really enjoy this. This is woodier, darker, spicier and at the same time gentler Alien. Probably my favourite version so far. I like how the dark woody notes, cardamom and other spices mingle with the grape candy jasmine of Alien. Very nice.
Jun 9, 2021

Never owned or wore any Alien before but I have tried and like very much Al-Khatt. My goodness they are quite similar so that leads to a couple of questions. Which one came out first? And, which one would I give the edge to? Xerjoff Al-Khatt sweeps for both. By the Basenotes database reckoning Al-Khatt precedes Alien Oud by three years. Xerjoff is smoother, richer, and admittedly twice the price at discounters for not a whole lot of difference.

Source: TPC sample
May 18, 2021

a nice cardamon and a slightly and not at all powdery and the jasmine star it off, and after a few moments the saffron is added in. It is a smooth and quite soft saffron, and the three together amount to an interesting and quite unusual softly spicy jasmine-infused aroma. Quite an intriguing opening.

Later on a soft slightly dusty spiciness is present, which has faint tonka-like characteristics; quite possible the cashmeran is kicking in now. The oud promised in the somewhat pretentious name is also present; a synthetic-smelling restrained and gentle oud that is rather agreeable, especially when compared with the crass and shill laboratory products that often a given the name of this wood.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection, and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

This flanker for warmer autumn days is an alien to the Alien Family, and nt the usual oud-based product. It is quite different from he original Alien, and the oud here is an unusually restrained team player. 3.25/5
May 4, 2021

Rosemary's Baby by Roman Polanski
Aug 8, 2018

I detected the slightest hint of oud in the opening, and then I pretty much just smelled Alien. I appreciate the addition of saffron in Musc Mysterieux, but here I only get a nondescript, weak spiciness (Imagine how a dried, beige-colored pepper would taste). It sounds like others are having more luck with it, so it may be worth a try if you love the original.
May 27, 2018

Sorry ladies, this is not for women only, it's definitely made for women and men, I love it and I wear it
Nov 3, 2017

Show more reviews of Alien Oud Majestueux...

Add your review of Alien Oud Majestueux