Alien

Thierry Mugler
IFF

Where to buy Alien

Reviews of Alien by Thierry Mugler

This is one gorgeous perfume!

It's very other-wordly and yet deeply sensuous and inviting at the same time. I call it my "outerspace" jasmine scent.Depite being a white floral it doesn't smell screechy at all because it is grounded by the woods and the amber, which give it depth.

I prefer to wear this in colder weather and save it for special evenings out. It would be too much in an office situation or for everyday use.

It is best applied sparingly and worn with unashamed abandon.
Apr 30, 2021

All I get is a light, soapy jasmine scent. This from Mugler?
Feb 1, 2021

What can I say? It's nice but not that special? I'm trying to understand the millennial obsession with this fragrance but can't relate to the hype. My conclusion is that Alien stands out because it's far far away from the fruity floral fair that dominated the early 2000s. It's stronger, darker, spicier, more oriental. If you were raised on fun, flirty, fruity florals it would definitely
get your attention. However if you are familiar with 80s and pre 80s perfumery, it's just not that special. To my nose it is a more subtle version of Givenchy Amarige.
Aug 6, 2020

Bold, nearly boozy jasmine. Creamy, like a liqueur. Overly sweetened woody scent a few moments later, that reminds me of a hyper-sweet incense or a glade room spray. It's soft then. It sometimes annoys me; at times delights me. It depends on my mood, what it does to me. Alien is one of "those". I don't wear it often as it can be cloying. My little one ounce bottle will last me the rest of my life.

The base is just as sweet with its amber tone. The sweetness of Alien never lets up. It is also good for its longevity. I give this a 3.5 to 4 star rating, depending on my mood.

Amber darkens & dominates later.
Feb 9, 2019

Interior in Strandgade, Sunlight on the Floor by Vilhelm Hammershoi 1901
Nov 21, 2018

I lied, I'm sorry. I love this perfume! I don't know what I was thinking. I think it just needed to settle, but it smells amazing! It is "grape-y" at first, but it settles and you appreciate the scent all day!
Previous review 11/6/18: I blindly bought this based on the raving reviews. I wanted something with good sillage and longevity, something I could spray on in the morning and last all day so I wouldn't need to carry a decant.
So, I haven't received it in the mail yet, but I did go and sample this at the local department store (and 2 others I blindly bought based solely on reviews-gucci bloom and versace bright crystal).
I know exactly how to describe this "alien" perfume for those who've never smelled...have a dose of children's grape dimetapp cold and cough syrup, it tastes the way "alien" smells. The scent of this fragrance is very (exactly) synthetic grape that lasts at least 4 hours, dominating any other notes that is claims to have in it. This scent is the twin of children's grape dimetapp's taste. "What's that scent you're wearing" they say, "grape dimetapp".
Nov 6, 2018

Show more reviews of Alien...

Add your review of Alien