Agar Musk

Ramon Monegal
Ramon Monegal

Agar Musk is a shared scent launched in 2009 by Ramon Monegal

Reviews of Agar Musk by Ramon Monegal

There are 16 reviews of Agar Musk by Ramon Monegal.

A decent fresh and spicy woody – but is that what one really looks for from an oud? I look for something hypnotic, that gives me at least a hint of a head rush, a touch of delirious sense saturation… Too much to ask?
I find Agar Musk an alright stab at ‘man cologne' territory, somewhat bleached woods (a cedar-sandal mix to my nose), cool vetiver in the non-earthy, non-gutsy manner, some nutmeg and leather also rendered in suave, smooth mode. The whole thing seems to be on auto-pilot, getting you there safely but with no sense of risk. A bit like M7 with the interesting bits edited out and by the time of the drydown just a faint sweetish woody thing. I ran through my 1.5 ml sample in a day with little to show for it; even sniffed the t-shirt I had been wearing the following day to check the traces and see whether I hadn't become anosmic to it – nope, this stuff is just, in the immortal words of Kajagoogoo, ‘too shy'.

A blast of bitter medicinal oud with pepper, nutmeg and vetiver. Non sweet, dark and slightly green, slightly leathery. A berry accord comes through. Dries down to a spicy-aromatic wood.

The name quite reflects the scent at the first sniff, as Agar Musk opens in fact with an oud note on musks, cinnamon, pepper, something floral, a resinous base. Not that different from dozens of other oud scents, apart from the slightly more complex frame of spicy-sweet flavours which embrace the dark dryness of oud. I also smell vetiver and a subtle amber accord. As minutes pass the vetiver note seems to get more prominent, so it all tends towards a softer woody scent, still peppery and spicy (nutmeg also). Basically a light, warm, gentle woody-oud scent with spices. In my opinion a bit light, flabby and short-lived.

This is a high quality and extremely well balanced woody spicy fragrance. I don't see anything oriental here!
The opening is strong yet mild peppery sandalwood with some frankincense and oud in the background and well amount of musk.
The sandalwood does not listed as the note but I can smell it and there is a strong dose of nutmeg right beside it that give the scent a peppery aroma, something like black pepper.
The oud note here is very smooth and lighter against sandalwood (at the start only!) and it has an oily feeling (not too much)
The scent is always like a cold breeze and there is no warm and sweet feeling in it to make it oriental.
The musk note is detectable but it's not very strong. it's just there more as a supporting note.
In the mid the scent is almost the same, except now I can smell more oud and less sandalwood with that peppery feeling and some musk.
Projection is crap and always close to the skin and longevity is around 3-4 hours on my skin.
A great and quality fragrance but it's something that I've smelled before and unfortunately projection and longevity is very bad.

Like the opening... I like the unusually sharp, slightly astringent woodiness in opening of this fragrance. But after about an hour my nose perceives it as a linear turpentine, becoming tiresome and headache inducing for the next 8 - 10 hours.Pros: good longevityCons: too linear"

Show more reviews of Agar Musk...

Add your review of Agar Musk

Agar Musk by Ramon Monegal Perfume Ad Campaigns

No members currently have Agar Musk on their wishlist.

Members who own Agar Musk