Acqua e Zucchero

Overall

About Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum

Profumum

Reviews of Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum

There are 13 reviews of Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum.

This is heavenly, just heavenly. I've never had so many compliments with a fragrance before. The cotton candy vibe is amazing and the sillage and longevity are E-N-O-R-M-O-U-S. Be careful on the trigger tho, this little monster will choke people out with more than 2 sprays, especially in the warmer months. If you like sweet/gourmand fragrances, just go for it, even if it costs like 250$, this is blind buy worthy. Big thumbs up.
May 13, 2017

Acqua e Zucchero is an unusual composition, but that's becoming normal for Profumum, that seems to artistically and boldly go where many fragrance houses seem not to, and AEZ is no exception, pushing the boundaries on what I expect fragrance to be, and what I expect to like.

As usual, Profumum's note breakdown is pretty limited, at least in terms of what they disclose, so it's simply listed as vanilla, orange blossom, and some mix of fruit (berries, red fruit, forest fruit, something to that effect).

It's sweet and vanilla-laden but light and fresh enough to be worn in warm weather. Not light as in weak on performance, to be clear, as it's still up to Profumum's standard performance that is very strong, the extreme of most houses.

I'm not familiar with the Pink Sugar fragrance to which many seem to liken AEZ, but I'll offer that it doesn't smell of cotton candy to me, though some seem to think that's case. It's far more natural-smelling to me than cotton candy specifically or confections in general.

Overall, it's a very pleasant scent that's unusually productive, not in my typical wheelhouse, but it's strong in several categories---performance (as expected), versatility, creativity, and fun.

8 out of 10
Mar 1, 2017

Sweet, waxy, cotton candy. Acqua e Zucchero is a top performer in longevity and projection so no need to overspray. It leans feminine but a guy could wear this and get noticed positively. The base is all vanilla so vanilla-lovers should check this one out. The orange color bottle hints to the orange blossom and seems like it might have some citrus, but its more vanilla than citrusy/fruity.
Oct 3, 2016

To me it stayed very linaer throughout with the skittles milkshake scent. (Open a bag of skittles and you will get the general idea). Though i found the smell pleasant i found it more suited to being a room fragrance opposed to an aftershave. But as it is a aftershave i feel i would prefer to smell it on someone else who i would be around for the day and then ne able to distance myself from it when needed. 1-2 sprays is all that is needed with this to make it suitable and not kill everyone around you. Projection and longevity are both superb but like i say better suted to smell on another than yourself.

Also as a final though it think it would be good to layer with something just to give a bit of depth, maybe try with a spray of oud wood 1st just to give it a bit extra to draw away from all the fruit.
Jan 18, 2015

Beautiful! Very sweet but in a good way. I do love my sweet scents (Kilian Love, L de Lolita) but this is more foody sweet, cotton candy fruit flavored but not in a cheap or tween way, this has been compared to PInk Sugar But I never tried it so I can't say. I just got my bottle of this and the awesome SA at Osswalds gave me samples of other ones from the line including this one so I could make sure I liked it before using my bottle, and man do I like it! One spray goes a long way, I could smell this for hours and the opening last a loooong time, so I think my samples will last me a while which is nice because that means my bottle will last forever!

Mar 13, 2014

Show more reviews of Acqua e Zucchero...

Add your review of Acqua e Zucchero