Acqua di Parma Profumo

About Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma

Acqua di Parma Profumo is a women's perfume launched in 1930 by Acqua di Parma

Reviews of Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma

There are 23 reviews of Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma.

There is a special category of perfumes which some can appreciate but can't even imagine actually wearing: here are, some of the vintage ones like Opium and Poison. Perfumes for curiosity and intellect, not heart only: Here are mostly gourmand ones like Angel and Hypnotic Poison. And very few sing to both heart, head and spirit: like Acqua di Parma Profumo! Imagine a beautiful young woman sitting on the grass in a subdress making memories with her friends and listening to someone play Gymnopedie No 1 by Erik Satie. Scorching heat, blue skies and grass stains on kness.The vintage Acqua di Parma Profumo has a lot if character and has the power to affect your mood while wearing it. Feels elegant, with an almost unnoticeable sophistication and a deep hidden sexiness.

It's the ideal merger of spices, citrus, florals and moss with the latter two items sitting in the front seat. To me, it's a smoldering kind of perfume that seems to move away from the pyramid structure we're familiar with to create instead the impression of a primary green core with the secondary notes rippling out in concentric waves. Citrus represents the innocence and ylang ylang the mature character, all surrounded by a nostalgic, old school vibe coming from the oakmoss. That is the vetiver layered in oakmoss, accompanied by subtle, powdery rose and jasmine. As Acqua di Parma Profumo matures, a warm and comforting spices develops to complement the cold oakmoss and smoky vetiver. It is a mystery, both warm and cold, gentle and unapporacgable.

The Vintage, is stunning, in regards to it's complex symphonic layering of Florals ala Patou 1000 Vintage. What LMVH has done, quite nicely, is to recreate this piece upon a base Calonic. This has lightened it's glow and extended it's life. It now competes with Creed's Jardin d'Almafi.
It does, however,sadly, have it melding into the Acqua di Parma Sea of Flankers. I project that it will quietly, disappear from the Brigade.
It can be a nice replacement for the growling Fruitchouli of Amouage Jubilation 25. My wife does wear that in Winter (to please me mostly).
I can wear the Amouage year round(and do)because I'm drawn to the Animalic.
A search for the Vintage will present you with a "Grand Perfume", indeed.

This is the smoothest most sophisticated Chypre I have in my collection. I really love this Chypre because it is a complex inhale like tasting a complex wine. I get all the stages in layers in each inhale. Love it! Most Chypres like Mitsouko and even Magie Noire smell best after 30 minutes on my skin but Profumo smells fantastic and complex as soon as it hits my skin.

The most elegant and tenderly beautiful chypre I've ever smelled. This scent is slightly more delicate and plummily fruited than Mitsouko, and less exuberantly animalic than The Party in Manhattan or Jubilation 25, but more balanced than any of those mentioned. I bought two full bottles of the vintage version and wear it whenever I want to feel lovely and grown up and ridiculously classy. I will, no doubt, continue to spend all my spare time seeking out those impossible to find (and unfortunately expensive) maroon boxes, just to revel in its perfect pitch and refined elegance.

Stunningly lovely!

Tremendous class, sophistication and style are embodied in this marvelous scent. It is one of those very rare scents one comes across only a few times in one's life: totally original and so well balanced/blended that no one note or notes stand out.

I am able to detect - or get the impression of - civet, rose, bergamot, carnation and cinnamon. A bed of soft florals wafts through the experience. This is what I would have expected Audrey Hepburn to favor, as it sums up for me her on screen personality - poised, elegant and refined.

The subtle carnation note brings to mind Guerlain's Sous Le Vent, created for the unique personality of Josephine Baker.

Quite pricey, but worth every penny.

Genre: Chypre

Acqua di Parma Profumo is an exquisitely poised powdery-dry floral chypre. It's slightly sweeter and softer than Givenchy III, with a creamy iris note that brings to mind Chanel's 31 Rue Cambon. The Acqua di Parma is drier and lighter than the Chanel however, and also more obviously floral in its heart. It's definitely not the dark chypre of Mitsouko or Baghari. Indeed, there is a luminous quality to this scent that I find irresistible. Acqua di Parma Profumo even induces in me that rare wistful sense - so close to heartbreaking - that I experience with Apres l'Ondee and En Passant.

Acqua di Parma Profumo is simply a beautiful thing, a scent that embodies classical perfection: nothing could be added, nor anything removed, that would not diminish it. While it could, I suppose, be unisex, it seems to me so delicately pretty that it belongs on a woman. But there perhaps I'm just being sexist. I suggest anybody with a serious interest in fragrance give this a try. Whether you ultimately want to wear it or not, it's an outstanding example of balance and proportion in perfume composition.

Show more reviews of Acqua di Parma Profumo...

Add your review of Acqua di Parma Profumo