Acqua di Giò Profondo

About Acqua di Giò Profondo by Giorgio Armani

Giorgio Armani

Where to buy Acqua di Giò Profondo

Reviews of Acqua di Giò Profondo by Giorgio Armani

There are 12 reviews of Acqua di Giò Profondo by Giorgio Armani.

Just bought this in a local perfume store. I was looking for a new blue one. It's the best aquatic out there at the moment in my opinion.

I didn't immediately get any similarity to the original AdG but in the drydown it's definitely there. What they have done here however, is cancel out the cloying you'd get from the OG just enough and added a universally likeable marine accord. Think Eros but better.

For me it stood out a lot from others I tried there: Montblanc Ultra Blue, D&G Light Blue Forever, Issey Miyake Fusion.

The only one that's somewhat close in scent profile and quality is Dunhill Century Blue.
Sep 12, 2021

A few minutes of fake orange and fake pine over a stereotypical bleachy aquatic. I don't know the Armani line that well, but with all their flankers and such, I can't imagine that they don't already have 10-12 scents that already smell like this, because it's such a basic recipe.

Precision engineered for dudes who want to smell like over-applied cheap cologne, but simultaneously don't want to stand out at ALL...
Jul 1, 2021

Gio's younger brother.a gentleman's scent,which is why it doesn't shut but speaks in a soft manner.it's fresh clean classic aromatic scent but modern at the same time easy to wear safe fragrance.definitely a masculine scent that exudes confidence.it reminds me of original ADG than Profumo.they are big difference between the top and the bottom. the top notes in ADG is more citrusy.the top notes in new flanker is less citrusy and more sea notes.the bottom notes in ADG include a predominance of woody, musky,floral notes.the bottom notes in the new flanker include green,mineral,woody.so,bottom line what's the major difference between the two?the original ADG is better.performance is good,6 hours on my skin.
May 2, 2021

The initial blast is Mandarin Profumo, mid is Essenza plus incense, drydown Essenza.

There is that egg smell from Essenza, so if you dont like Essenza, you wont like this. That egg smell turns me off, though that mandarin opening is really nice.
Apr 12, 2021

This is diversive amongst the fragcom. You either think oh Armani has jumped on the blue true train or you think ah this a great stronger fresh Acqua Di Gio update. Wonderful bright fresh opening. Lovely slightly citrusy,woody dry down that is abit generic but it’s a great long lasting dumb reach summer frag. Well worth the money at discounters now
Mar 23, 2021

What we have in Acqua di Gio Profondo is Giorgio Armani's take on a "blue" fragrance and well....why not? It takes the original Acqua di Gio out of the past and into the present. However, I don't personally think that there is really a need for this fragrance.

To further explain what I mean, let's look, objectively, at what Profondo is.

40% Acqua di Gio
40% Acqua di Gio Profumo
20% Bleu de Chanel

We already have all these fragrances and for that reason I wouldn't suggest anyone rush out and get Profondo unless you really want/like it or want to complete a collection.

It is NOT a bad fragrance by any means and I would happily wear it but personal preference as a man approaching 40 would be to stick with Profumo.

YMMV

Edit: I was sent a second sample of Profondo with another order and enjoyed it more second time around. Ended up with a FB and now thoroughly enjoy it as a companion to Profumo. Rating changed to Thumbs Up.
Nov 5, 2020

Show more reviews of Acqua di Giò Profondo...

Add your review of Acqua di Giò Profondo