Acqua di Giò pour Homme
Giorgio Armani (1996)

Overall

About Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Giorgio Armani

A light fresh fragrance. The male counterpart to Acqua di Gio for ladies. Ideal for the summer. This fragrance in recent years has been the number one best men's seller in the USA.

Reviews of Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

I'm always surprised that AdG is so popular, given that it's so subtle. Quiet melon mixed with the smell of a beach, salty and subtly herbal.

There was a point around 2008 where it was considered a sign of perfume snob credibility to hate melon perfumes, because they were so common (and because Abercrombie piped Fierce into every mall, so melon perfumes were literally forced upon us against our will). Even so, I've always liked AdG. Somehow, its melon is understated and, dare I say, classy. And the salty sea air smell is pleasant.

Sure, the melon smells dated these days, but the real focus is on the beachfront atmosphere, so it doesn't matter. Thumbs up!
Jul 1, 2021

Acqua di Giò was nothing but 'Cool Water lite'.
It's a fruity-mossy aquatic where citrus takes the lead instead of crab apple.
The texture is smoother, and it's less bitter; it has less impact than the more grinchy Cool Water.
Despite - or because of - being more bland, Acqua di Giò was a big success - like its role model.

Pre-allergen sample of Acqua di Gio V Lancaster Cool Water mini
Jun 14, 2021

The first fragrance I ever bought a second bottle of. I was 19 and pretty uninformed. I was looking for an alternative to the Hugo I'd been wearing and the Polo/CKone everyone else was. I was lucky and picked this up duty-free in Italy the month it was released so I wasn't aware yet of how stupidly popular it would become.

I still like the scent, but for me, it's become a little stale. It became sooo ubiquitous. Even now, 15-20 years after it's height in popularity, it's instantly recognizable, which is good for Armani, bad for those who want a signature scent.
Dec 1, 2020

Acqua Di Gio EDT -

How I loathed this fragrance when it was new. For me, it was a victim of its own popularity as it was inescapably absolutely everywhere. School, the grocery store, the mall, the movies, everywhere!!

Now, revisiting this one almost 25 years later I can review it with a clear head and confidently say that I have now confirmed the source of my hatred for calone in fragrance. "Marine notes" just don't do it for me, especially when turned up to 11.

1 star out of respect for the popular imprint Acqua Di Gio has left on the long history of men's perfumery.
Nov 10, 2020

My adoration for Acqua di Gio is unapologetic and unconditional. This is my spouse’s signature scent, structured enough to be noticed yet not so overt it eclipses his underlying skin musk. His mid 1990s Silicon Valley casual style has given way to a mature beard and tailored shirts of the corporate world but AdG is still going strong. Buyers should look for semi-regular 40% off sales at Armani Beauty website with free basic ship over $70 USD purchase. This stretches your dollars in a tight economy and protects against counterfeits. Delivery times are reasonable.
Sep 26, 2020

This is an okay scent. Does not perform well with ladies in South India.

It's nice but I need a scent that ladies like such as A*Men, Armani Mania and Boss Bottled.

The deodorant is fine on its own with the ladies but the ladies in South India aren't receptive to me when I wear the EDT!
Sep 2, 2019

Show more reviews of Acqua di Giò pour Homme...

Add your review of Acqua di Giò pour Homme