A*Men Pure Havane

About A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

Thierry Mugler

Where to buy A*Men Pure Havane

Reviews of A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler

There are 108 reviews of A*Men Pure Havane by Thierry Mugler.

I had collected several decants/travel sprays of Pure Malt and Pure Havane and I love them both. The debate over which is better tends to come down to which one I am wearing at any given time. Full bottles were proving illusive and expensive but at least I had well over 40-50 ml of each. They were sold out almost all the time. In the end I went with a discounter very recently and paid $30 over retail for this ($120 instead of $90) because I finally had the paranoia that if I didn't obtain a bottle now I never would and the bottle in my cart went from 11 left to 8 to 1. I am certainly glad I finally went for it even though I should have earlier.

As far as the scent goes, the top is gorgeous fresh tobacco leaves. I do find the fresher tobacco top to be just a touch of perfect freshness with a tinge of sweet and I do pick up the 'cherry' note. Its a beauty. In the mid the honeyed tobacco and vanilla come to prominence and the cacao and patchouli round out a gourmand-ish richness without being too 'edible' or chocolate. It is certainly a colder season staple, but I wear it year round except for the hottest of days. The bottle is stupid vs creative IMO but at least it is distinctive and stands out in my fragrance tray so when I look at it I can marvel at the fact I managed to obtain a bottle.

This is easily an all time great fragrance. I imagine Mugler and even discounters play up the 'limited edition' status to keep the 'fomo' going and it worked on me. However as this falls into rumored discontinued status again prices are never going down . I do qualify this as the only scent I paid over retail for and I don't regret it. Total thumbs up.

Nov 20, 2021

Finally trying A*Men Pure Havane by Mugler again and actually paying attention!

I am enjoying this fragrance a lot today. Many have mentioned sweet cherries in other reviews, but I do not get that at all on my skin … UNTIL I step outside! Yes, for some reason when I left the house and stepped outside into the warm 80-degree air, I caught a whiff of cherries, and the tobacco rose up, and I was immediately reminded of that traditional sweet cherry pipe tobacco my grandfather smoked.

Inside, it started out on my skin as honey and vanilla. I actually almost avoided trying this one since I’m not a huge fan of honey as a note (yes, I’m glaring at you Back to Black: Aphrodisiac!). This honey was actually pleasant and quickly gave way to some smoky cacao about 10 minutes later.

Dry down on me continued to shift, sometimes I'd get a vanilla tobacco, then later cacao and patchouli and, as long as I was outside, the occasional cherry tobacco. Oddly, I also noticed that the sprays on my arms were MUCH more "resinous" with the vanilla, tobacco and cacao, whereas when I'd bury my face inside my t-shirt to smell my chest, it was almost always a very sweet tobacco with none of the resinous scent. I had used 2 sprays on each arm, 3 sprays on my neck/chest. Will have to experiment further to see if the “more sprays” equals more tobacco and less resin. I’m not thrilled with how that resin note pushes through sometimes (maybe it’s the labdanum since normally I enjoy amber and styrax?). There also is a hint of powder to me as well, which I like.

I was told by friends they could smell me a few feet away several hours after I put this on so apparently sillage is pretty intense, as is the lasting power since it was still going strong on my skin over 7 hours later. Got my 100 ml bottle on FragranceNet for about $120 which I felt was a fair price for this one! I am definitely enjoying this, and glad I have a bottle. I might would wear this to work if I only used 1 or maybe 2 sprays total, but I think more than that would be too much for me in an office. IMHO being out in a crowd like a bar or lounge is where this one would really shine, and once it settles lower to a skin scent would make for wonderful cuddling! I guess some women could pull this off as a unisex, but to my nose it is definitely heavy on the masculine.

I love the occasional surprise pop of the rich cacao that floats to the surface then drifts away to make room for that glorious tobacco, and when outside get the gift of cherry pipe tobacco! This one is a keeper! Glad I paid attention!

As always, your results may vary!
Nov 4, 2021

Lovely, boozy, and sweet. A fun fragrance. It has the Angel DNA I love. Not for the faint of heart.
Jul 2, 2021

Fragrance In Three Words: Boozy Cherry Tobacco.

I'm a massive fan of the original A*Men as well as Angel (woman). I had to try this flanker as I do enjoy boozy fragrances and baccy ones.

Starts off with what to me is cherry tobacco. It's not really a sweet candy cherry more like one which is blended in with the tobacco.

As it progresses the cherry fades and a boozy rum takes over. It doesn't smell like a bottle of rum to me it is more like rum cake.

The drydown for me was a really heavy vanilla and just a general sweetness.

Price in the UK is around £50 for a big bottle. Unfortunately it is much harder to get in the UK than the USA.

I think it is a banger. Really versatile. What puts me off is I think there are probably better tobacco fragrances out there albeit for more money. I'm also not sure how unique it is. That said I really enjoyed it especially the delicious opening.

Scores a nice 7.5 out of 10.

2ml decant from respected seller.
May 4, 2021

Note: Virtually the same review as the one I left for Pure Malt.

I have been on a bit of a Mugler kick recently since I picked up some sample bottles of A*Men, Pure Malt, Pure Havane and Pure Tonka (I know, late to the party). I wrote all of these fragrances off on the basis that I didn't like A*Men when I first smelled it.

I'll be the first to hold up my hands and say I was wrong.

Of the samples listed above I bought full bottles of Pure Malt and Pure Havane and to be quite honest, I struggle to choose between the two.

Pure Havane delivers from the very first spray. It opens with a giant blast of sweet(cherry and honey?) vanilla pipe tobacco that is warming and comforting. Like someone lit a pipe in the same room. It has the A*Men DNA in there but where Pure Malt goes oriental this stays a little woody and dry on me before the vanilla hits. I'm not massive into vanilla, as in Tobacco Vanille, I find it very cloying, however I find Pure Havane to be exceptionally wearable and it almost has a dry, leafy, resinous/balmy finish to it. For me, the longevity of Pure Havane is better than Pure Malt, but only just.

Similarly to Pure Malt, I cant wrap my head around the price point for this fragrance. Fragrances this good shouldn't be this cheap. In the space of a month I've bought a bottle and a backup and at the price, you could do worse than picking up a bottle of Pure Malt along with it as a partner fragrance.
Jul 23, 2020

What a scent. Takes me back in time, to the smell of cognac infused tobacco leaf.

Brown Cuervo rum. Barrel flavor. Faint cocoa, like the one you get from tiramisu.

So reminiscent of nights out filled with liquor and tobacco, just indulging.

Dec 15, 2019

Show more reviews of A*Men Pure Havane...

Add your review of A*Men Pure Havane