1932 Eau de Toilette

About 1932 Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Chanel
Jacques Polge

Reviews of 1932 Eau de Toilette by Chanel

There are 16 reviews of 1932 Eau de Toilette by Chanel.

This is a curiously underrated fragrance, to my nose. It's a beautiful, wearable, classic-smelling fragrance. It has a signature Chanel smell that I think comes from the bergamot mixing with the lightly powdered floral concentrates. I find it similar to 31 Rue Cambon.
Oct 20, 2018

As a huge fan of powdery scents I enjoy this - for at least twenty minutes. Then this fades quickly away. The only notes I smell here are minimal aldehydes and neroli, then jasmine, rose, ylang, lilac, orris root, and musk, all blended so much I really had a hard time telling these notes apart. And even now, I am beginning to wonder if I smelled them. At any rate, this is lovely but not worth the high asking price. I have many other perfumes in my collection that are similar and last longer.
Apr 19, 2018

EdP version - aldehydes galore with a citrus backing. The aldehydes are going strong five hours later on me with a strong neroli scent. I like this one a lot. I am not completely in love for the Les Exclusifs price.

For me this fragrance, while very nice, is not unique enough to merit a full bottle purchase. I will happily use up my 4 mls of samples though.
Mar 14, 2017

1932 is stone cold elegance like a diamond.

This is so cold, it makes Guerlains Parure look like an earth mother. She's elegant, beautiful and unobtainable. The aldehyde opening is there to ward off the masses that love their La Vie En Belle. Chanel 22 seems like a warm crackling fireplace compared to this one. Imagine a grand open ballroom with shiny marble and crystal chandeliers. Thats 1932.

The heart opens up freshly beautiful with some spice. The base begins to warm her up but there is a very ice cold duality to 1932. Elegant ice queen in public, and after a few drinks loosens up a bit but she's still distant and in control. If waterford crystal had a smell, this be it. Silage is low, understated, rich elegance. Not for everyone. Drydown reminds me of Shalimar PI. More you spray longer it lasts. Recommend skin and clothing like a scarf. EDT version reviewed.
Dec 23, 2016

Meh. A pleasant, fuzzy fruity thing. The only really pronounced note is a rather pedestrian pink pepper - everything else sort of hints at fruit or iris or patchouli. The end result is a pleasant stew of chemicals that sort of smells like make-up.

Judged on its own merits, this probably deserves a neutral rating for managing to be a dumbed-down crowd pleaser without resorting to awful peach/strawberry/marshmallow nonsense, but it really stands out in a bad way in Chanel's excellent set of Exclusifs. If this were a Michael Kors or a Britney Spears or some brand from whom I expect unrelenting, absolute garbage, I'd be slightly impressed, but that's very faint praise for a Chanel....
Nov 8, 2016

Oh, sorry. I took a nap there for a second. Must be the 1932: one sniff and . . . yawn. This is a Chanel Exclusif? This wan little thing with its mishmash of notes though which a bit of iris-ey leather struggles so mightily to assert itself before being beaten down by the shrill proclamations of a cadre of homogenized Mean Girl Florals before they, too, exit the scene and leave everything in the hands of dishwater grey laundry detergent musk?

Such a wasted opportunity.
Oct 18, 2015

Show more reviews of 1932 Eau de Toilette...

Add your review of 1932 Eau de Toilette