1861 Naxos

Xerjoff

1861 Naxos is a shared scent launched in 2015 by Xerjoff

Where to buy 1861 Naxos

Reviews of 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

There are 20 reviews of 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff.

A different take on a tobacco fragrance for me. Naxos is a honeyed lavender and bergamot opening with an underpinning of soft tobacco that gradually becomes richer as the scent dries down. There's a slight vanilla and cinnamon detectable but the scent never strays in the gourmand direction, nor is it at all ashy or smokey. I like it because it's highly wearable and could be unisex, although leans masculine IMO. This is much sweeter or stickier than your typical tabac fragrance. Very well done and great quality. Better for cooler weather but could be worn in all but the highest heat and humidity. Happy I own it.

This easily skyrocketed to one of my top favorite fragrances of all time. It opens up with a fresh burst of sweet honeyed lavender and citrus, with the smallest hint of fennel or anise… or some other licorice adjacent scent. It’s not heavy or overpowering though, it stays in the background just quietly whispering intrigue. then the citrus calms down a bit to reveal the tobacco which is smooth and sweet, almost like a cherry vanilla tobacco… pipe or cigar? I’m not very familiar with tobacco scents, but it’s definitely not a smoky tobacco. It’s so very smooth, with a light coating of honey, but not too much. This is not an overly sweet or syrupy honey. It’s soft, and warm. The lavender stays present throughout the entire wear time of the fragrance, while the citrus and the licorice-esque notes fade away in the dry down. To my nose, this is right down the middle unisex, I think both men and women can easily wear this without thinking they are staying too far from other scents they like to wear. The general vibe I get as a woman wearing this, is confident, bold, stylish, and a little bit edgy. This projects a bit more than most of my other fragrances, but it’s not overpowering. I think most women would wear this more as a nighttime out on the town fragrance, but I will wear this any time and any season.

I also have to say that the presentation of this brand is seriously top notch. I am actually blown away by the experience of opening my package.

This is one of those where I have a hard time imagining someone not liking it. I know they must be out there, but my brain can’t really accept it. I definitely give this a 10/10 in every category. Absolutely addictive.

Great fragrance. Xerjoff have somehow managed to create a warm sweet gourmand that mingles well balanced citrus aspects too.
Never gets tiring, lasts all day and for me, can work all year round.
Packaging and quality and finish of the bottle are incredible

A nice, very unisex tobacco that is not overly sweet. The spices are dry. I get an almond note. Good performances.

Pure Havane minus the fun.

2.5/5

The opening is a mix of bergamot, lemon, both underpinned by a fairly intense honey impression. nice balance between the citrus freshness and the sweetness of the bee product.

In the drydown the honey is paired with a brighter lavender, which is underlined by a slighlty ambery cashmeran-woody background impression. On the other hand, a vanilla/tonka that is gradually gaining in strength is pushing the lavender aside after a while, especially after a smooth cinnamon is added in.

T ha base adds a tobacco note, which is reminiscent of a weak Virgina-based pipe tobacco with some vanilla flavouring.

I get moderate sillage, good projection, and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This scent for warmer autumn days is a pleasantly bright combination of a fresher initial part with a more vanilla-tobacco later stage. Compared with some other tobacco creations, this one is more nuanced and elegant than Tom Ford's full-throttle Tobacco Vanille, and whilst the quality of the ingredients is higher in this Xerjoff than in Mugler's more synthetic Pure Havane, in its bold, albeit slightly more chemical take on the tobacco theme the Mugler is the more interesting creation, although Naxos is the less intrusive one.

Overall not bad, and with its own merits. 3/5

Show more reviews of 1861 Naxos...

Add your review of 1861 Naxos