1 Million Privé

About 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne

Paco Rabanne
Givaudan

Where to buy 1 Million Privé

1 Million Privé on eBay (1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne)

Reviews of 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne

There are 22 reviews of 1 Million Privé by Paco Rabanne.

This is not as sweet as the original 1 million and has a more complex and slightly more mature scent. It took a few wears to grow on me but I like this fragrance. It opens with what to my nose is vanilla with a synthetic, almost medicinal note. However it settled on my skin to reveal nice tobacco and cinnamon notes with a very slight citrus note emerging later. It would be a good fragrance for a younger man enjoying a night on the town. Presentation is fine but I found the atomiser button on my bottle a bit rattly and awkward, the atomiser does not mist the juice as well as it could. The fragrance lasts all day on my skin and it projects well. I am happy with 1 Million Privé, I feel that this flanker is better than the original.
May 18, 2021

A like but not love for me. I tested Prive against Boss the Scent Private accord because I found them to be similar in styles. I found Private accord to be better overall for projection, quality of notes and longevity. Prive seems to have a much more alluring scent profile and better dry down. If I hadn't smell Private accord I think I would have gave Prive better marks.
May 12, 2021

Still has the 1 Million DNA. I would wear this but I don't see myself getting a full bottle. It is still too sweet for my taste. One thing for sure, this will last all day. 6/10
Feb 10, 2020

To begin, let's just say that 1 Million Prive really has nothing to do with 1 Million. Any similarities are general at best and they're more or less two completely different fragrances. 1 Million Prive smells like sweet, warm apple pie. That's it. There's not much else that needs to be said as far its smell, other than a nice tobacco accent that mostly blends into the apple pie in an almost imperceptible fashion. It's a nice smell and very alluring, something that will surely feel appropriate during the fall and winter and it's the kind of scent that one can use for close encounters--dates, snuggling underneath a blanket, sitting by a fireplace, etc. Its performance is very good, with appropriately calibrated mid-range projection and excellent longevity. I can sometimes smell this on my skin the day after I've worn it. If I have anything negative to say about 1 Million Prive it's this: 1) the smell has been done before--Ambre Narguile, Oajan, Dolcellisir, Boss Bottled EDP Intense, and to a lesser extent Hanae Mori HiM, all smell very similar, and do more than adequate jobs nailing the "warm apple pie" theme. Now you can add Prive to this group as well. 2) It's a little lacking in depth and complexity. While it does a good job creating the smell, it can have a bit of a flat, plasticky feeling at times, especially in comparison to some of the other scents I mentioned. While something like Oajan has a good degree of depth and dimension, and interplay between the notes, 1 Million Prive comes across as more of a singular smell, very blended and more 2-dimensional than 3. But these are minor criticisms. Overall, it's a very nice smelling fragrance and one that I'd be happy to wear in the colder months. It's also available for a very reasonable price and is an excellent alternative to the more expensive Ambre Narguile and Oajan. While I'd recommend sampling Dolcellisir and Boss Bottled Eau de Parfum as well, to see which one works best for you, if those aren't immediately available than it's not much of a stretch for me to recommend 1 Million Prive as a blind buy either if you're in the market for warm apple pie. Overall I give this a solid 8 out of 10 rating. The fragrance has a very nice smell and it's backed by solid performance. You really can't go wrong.
Aug 12, 2019

I remember I used to like the OG One million when I was at uni. Now I take a whiff of the original and am assaulted by all the bubblegum sweetness. For me, part of the problem there is it being so sweet I can barely tell the notes apart. Sadly, this version isn't that much better.

As far as powder bombs go it's a good one, but those just aren't my style anymore. It's certainly more pleasant than the original, especially once it tones down a bit after the first hour. But I was hoping to really get the cinnamon and tobacco in a distinct way, where they ended up drowned in sugar.
Jul 3, 2019

Paco Rabanne 1 Million Privé (2016) is another attempt to widen the net caught by the original 1 Million (2008), and is made to capture a more mature segment than the original, which often gets derided by older colognoisseurs for being a night club bomb, and rightly so. One member of the original 3 perfumer team returns with 1 Million Privé (Christophe Reynaud), and he takes the trademark blood orange of the original but not much else, building a fashionable tonka and tobacco accord similar to L'Occitane Eau des Baux (2006) or Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (2007) around it. I don't really think it hits the mark as a truly marketable alternative to 1 Million for an older audience, but this "Privé" edition does offer a more "mature feeling" alternative for a younger man wanting to wear something in this vein to the office or to snuggle a loved one on a cold night.

1 Million Privé opens with blood orange combined with an apple cinnamon accord, instantly recalling perfumes like Pasha de Cartier (1993) and Parfums de Marly Layton (2016) but with that richly sweet Paco Rabanne 1 Million push. Myrrh and olibanum follow up with the familiar "tonkabacco" accord of scents like aforementioned Tom Ford and maybe even stuff like Calvin Klein cK One Shock for Him (2012). The combo isn't really original or all that interesting, but it is well done. Finally, the usual woody amber base of the original 1 Million reprises its role, adding a bit of musk and dialing down the sweetness. The aroma is satisfyingly devoid of the "party animal" vibe but is still a bit too synthetic in feel for anyone of a vintage persuasion to enjoy, which neuters some of 1 Million Privé's effectiveness with the intended audience.

If it isn't obvious, 1 Million Privé is a very warm scent meant for winter months, and can be very cozy in the right moments because of its intense but tight eau de parfum sillage that lasts the average length of time. However, I think the tobacco vibe this intends to sell as a mature gentlemanly variant to 1 Million falls flat on its face since most guys in this age group want the dry mossy tobacco of Aramis Havana (1994) and not something filled with rounding agents like tonka or tons of amber, with them having written off most modern tobacco fragrances newer than Burberry London for Men (2006) because of it. Still, for the not-so-stick-in-the-mud types, 1 Million Privé is a competent if unsurprising flanker that may not be crucial to enthusiasts, but is a harmlessly pleasant semi-gourmand delight for fans of the Paco Rabanne house and 1 Million line. Thumbs Up.
May 10, 2019

Show more reviews of 1 Million Privé...

Add your review of 1 Million Privé