You are now able to log into the forums and post

[Women's] SOTD Thursday 4th of May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
CookBot - We rescheduled our outing to the French bistro, Bouillon Moulin, to last night. We started with escargot, followed by Beef Bourguignon for me and Coq Au Vin for Mr. Lark, finishing with Tarte Tatin. We'll be going back, frequently I suspect.

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Feb 8, 2017
SOTD--always puts a smile on my face and pep in my step
26120042-2286-j

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Jovoy Psychedelique

A high-end study in patchouli.
I smell why people rave about this, but I'm not sure it's different enough from Reminiscence Patchouli to justify the price premium.
I had a bottle, and wore very little. It's a great scent initially, though a bit boring after 1-2 hours. I'd love to be able to smell it from time to time, but not as a fragrance I'd wear on a regular basis. Don't really miss having it in my wardrobe.

ExtremeK

Some of my paths in life are dirt
Basenotes Plus
Jul 5, 2010
Hi, everyone -- I'm going to try and get back into the habit of posting regularly.

Life has been busy (in some good ways, in some maddening ways), and regaining balance has been a challenge. I always seem to struggle with that. Does anyone else have a hard time making yourself a priority?

There are some *fine* smelling people in here today. I'm wearing Diptyque Geranium Odorata, which has a passing (and surprising) resemblance to Hermes Voyages Parfum. I own both, so I'm just going to spray with abandon.

Speaking of Hermes, I just had the opportunity to smell Violette Volynka -- for all of you violet and leather lovers, what did you think? (Looking at you, specifically, @JON RODGERS - do you find it similar to/redundant with Aleksandr?)

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Speaking of Hermes, I just had the opportunity to smell Violette Volynka -- for all of you violet and leather lovers, what did you think? (Looking at you, specifically, @JON RODGERS - do you find it similar to/redundant with Aleksandr?)

I have never tried Violette Volynka so I'm afraid I can't offer any comparison. I'll be putting it on the sniff list though. Great to have you back :) (y)

(to answer your other question - YES :().

JoM68

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 17, 2022
Good evening everyone.

Happy BNiversary @Vernona.

Today's SOTD was Chanel - Sycomore EdT. I can see why this is so liked. This, Coromandel and Bel Respiro are definitely my favourites of the Les Exclusives I've been fortunate to find and try.

Have a lovely rest of your day/evening.

CookBot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Hi, everyone -- I'm going to try and get back into the habit of posting regularly.

Good! We've missed you.

The warmth & humidity gave me a craving for Jungle L'Elephant today, so that's what l'm wearing. :)

I would NEVER have guessed that to be a Teardrop preference. It seems very unlike you, as unexpected as me wearing Opium or Fracas.

CookBot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
CookBot - We rescheduled our outing to the French bistro, Bouillon Moulin, to last night. We started with escargot, followed by Beef Bourguignon for me and Coq Au Vin for Mr. Lark, finishing with Tarte Tatin. We'll be going back, frequently I suspect.

ChefKissEmoji_small.150x140.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geogaddi