hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I Hate Rose by OHTOP
o.103167.jpg

foxbins

Somebody made me a mod?
Basenotes Plus
Sep 5, 2013
OMG. I was missing Joy today, so went to look at the Quarry School YouTube page. There is a link to the documentary! 24 minutes of Joy's narration of the history of Quarry School, accompanied by photos. Toward the very end there is a quick shot of Joy doing the narration, looking thin and quite ill. But the documentary was finished!

CookBot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
OMG. I was missing Joy today, so went to look at the Quarry School YouTube page. There is a link to the documentary!

Oh, that's so wonderful that she got to finish it!

Edit: I just finished watching the entire video, and to anyone who's afraid that watching it might make them too sad, I think I can safely say it won't. Her dedication to the whole schoolhouse endeavour is so obvious that it's deeply satisfying to know she got to complete this documentary project before the end of her life. She had a mission, and it's gratifying to know that she faced her end with the knowledge that she had completed it.

Last edited:

sakecat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 3, 2022
Continuing my exploration of the Macy's perfume counter...

Giorgio Armani My Way

From the (modern) Poison school of tuberose - unlisted purple (plum?) fruit + bergamot on a tuberose-based white floral that, on me, leans medicinal.
Much like Poison, this is a scent that I'm going to have ok days and bad days with.
I catch bits of something promising in the air around me.
But when I sniff it up close on my skin, it is bitter and medicinal - leveraging the same aromachemicals in the base as Paradoxe.

This is not my way.
----------
Edited to add: I watched Quarry's documentary. What an extraordinary piece of historical preservation and family history to leave behind.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
OMG. I was missing Joy today, so went to look at the Quarry School YouTube page. There is a link to the documentary! 24 minutes of Joy's narration of the history of Quarry School, accompanied by photos. Toward the very end there is a quick shot of Joy doing the narration, looking thin and quite ill. But the documentary was finished!

She never fails to inspire. Seeing the documentary left me overwhelmed with misty-eyed euphoria. My admiration for her passion and dedication knows no bounds 🙏.

JoM68

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 17, 2022
Good morning everyone.

@foxbins I'm sorry not to have known her but thank you for sharing her documentary. She came across as a caring, compassionate woman and I loved her and her husband's dedication to bringing the school house back to life and the surrounding garden too. I can see why she was so loved.

JoM68

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 17, 2022
In Monday sync with Robert Piguet - Oud Delice. Definitely honey with a slight darker note, though whether that's actually oud I couldn't say. No funky scent and quite sweet but not in a confectionary type way. Seems it's projection is stronger than I thought, as hubby could smell it as soon as he walked into the room and I'd only spritzed a tiny bit on one wrist. It's a pleasant scent.

Have a lovely day.

teardrop

Sep 1, 2010
Just watched Joy's documentary, and... just wow. Truly amazing on so many levels, her passion & dedication to her life's work is awe-inspiring. Not to mention the love & sheer hard work that her dear husband put in to make the dream a reality. Bittersweet tears here. ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.