Not open for further replies.

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Avon Bravo aftershave

It's a poor man's Caron Tabac Blonde.

Who could resist that description?

From the article, “Understanding Coyote Behavior,” in the March-April 1985 edition of California Agriculture, about efforts to control coyote predation of livestock:

Large amounts of coyote urine were collected from captive coyotes and chemically fractionated. The frequency and intensity of coyote responses were observed as an indication of the relative attractiveness of various samples. Responses to odor samples included no response, sniffing, licking, chewing, and rubbing the cheek and neck, shoulder, and back against the samples. Urinating and defecating responses to test odors were also recorded. A sequence of behavioral responses to test odors was common.

We later tested a number of other scents. Chanel No. 5, Avon “Bravo” aftershave lotion, putrified deer, lamb fat extract, several commercial coyote trapping lures, and a few other odors were as attractive or more attractive to coyotes than any coyote urine fraction.

And they say romance is dead.

JON RODGERS

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
UQI9vz7.jpg

Redfish365

May 5, 2021
Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (1978)
(Spring/summer has decided to take a backseat for awhile and cooler, wetter, greyer weather doth prevail. A good thing in my humble opinion. We're told to expect an inch of snow overnight tonight...a somewhat unusual circumstance for mid-April! It'll melt before noon tomorrow but it illustrates the change in conditions from the 80°F days we've endured the last couple of days. Methinks VC&A pH is the perfect companion for such loverly weather, don't you?)

20220425_123836.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.