• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Uggggh, I screwed up! I bought the wrong bottle of C....

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Hi all,

Funny, I had recently mentioned elsewhere here at BN, that I sometimes find it confusing too many Colognes have variations of their names and which I find confusing. Only this morning, I realize that a recent purchase was the WRONG bottle of CARON. I had "thought" I purchased the (1934 original release) CARON: POUR UN HOMME DE CARON. Nope! Instead, I messed up and I ordered a (2.5 oz.) bottle of CARON: POUR UN HOMME CARON "L'EAU". Uggh, I can't stand it when I mess up! That being said, all is not lost as CARON "L'EAU" is a WONDERFUL Fragrance and one that I am most happy to add to my collection of CARON Fragrances. So now, I will have to purchase original : CARON: POUR UN HOMME DE CARON.
Well, more CARON for me!

SixCats!

375x500.3166.jpg

1680313641155.jpeg

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Hi all,
Serendipity indeed! Check this out (too weird for my Head)......today, I was hunting for vintage Colognes/Perfumes at several "Thirft/Flea Market" type places. A woman behind the counter and I were making small talk.

I am not sure how we segue into the following.....the Woman mentioned the first words one is suppose to speak (if I understood correctly) on the FIRST day of the month (today being April 1st. 2023) is to say aloud: "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit". Huh ?

In my almost sixty eight years of Life, I have NEVER heard this expression (which is suppose to bring good luck or something).
Of course I joked I don't own Rabbits so, could I instead say "Cat Cat Cat ?". At any rate, I left this shop and headed over to a large (indoor) Flea Market. I searched the "Flea Market" for Fragrances with no luck. While in the Flea Market, I happened upon another Lady (a customer) who out of the Blue said to me "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit".

I was like......WHAT ? Mind blown! I just find this event too much of a "coincidence" and just TOO weird! I mean, sixty eight years my having never heard this expression and then (within the span of about an hour) hearing "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit" from different Women at another location. Is this what is considered Serendipity ? At any rate, waaay too weird/strange. Oooh, "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!"

SixCats!

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Never tried the L'Eau version. How is it compared to the original?
Hi N.CAL,

I have never smelled the original version. I "thought" I was purchasing the "original" but (per above) screwed up. I will soon order the "original". As I mentioned above, "L'Eau" is very nice indeed!

SixCats!

Ken_Russell

Jan 21, 2006
While on one hand sorry to hear, on the other hand happy for you just the same-hoping and wishing that this new, rather unplanned acquisition will nevertheless be worthily enjoyed.
Since Caron pour un Homme, irrespective if regular or in one of its flankers equals an impressive array- even more so knowing you impeccable gentlemanly fragrance tastes- of timelessly versatile stylishness, often inexpensively priced as well.

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
While on one hand sorry to hear, on the other hand happy for you just the same-hoping and wishing that this new, rather unplanned acquisition will nevertheless be worthily enjoyed.
Since Caron pour un Homme, irrespective if regular or in one of its flankers equals an impressive array- even more so knowing you impeccable gentlemanly fragrance tastes- of timelessly versatile stylishness, often inexpensively priced as well.
Ooh, thank you Sir Ken for your kind words! Funny, the House of Caron has quickly become one of my favorite Houses. In fact, the most Fragrances
(of any one House) I own are Caron Fragrances. Presently, I own seven Caron Fragrances (and I will soon order CARON: POUR UN HOMME DE CARON) which will be number eight Caron. I have to say, thus far, I have found every Caron I've tried to be VERY much to my liking (especially) when one considers Caron's modest prices.
Thanks again Ken.

SixCats!

PaTomas

May 10, 2018
Do you know
Hi all,

Funny, I had recently mentioned elsewhere here at BN, that I sometimes find it confusing too many Colognes have variations of their names and which I find confusing. Only this morning, I realize that a recent purchase was the WRONG bottle of CARON. I had "thought" I purchased the (1934 original release) CARON: POUR UN HOMME DE CARON. Nope! Instead, I messed up and I ordered a (2.5 oz.) bottle of CARON: POUR UN HOMME CARON "L'EAU". Uggh, I can't stand it when I mess up! That being said, all is not lost as CARON "L'EAU" is a WONDERFUL Fragrance and one that I am most happy to add to my collection of CARON Fragrances. So now, I will have to purchase original : CARON: POUR UN HOMME DE CARON.
Well, more CARON for me!

SixCats!

375x500.3166.jpg

View attachment 328928 Do you know something? One I absolutely love CPHL'eau...same as Pour Homme love, but definitely a touch lighter, brighter, a bit of powder. Sport has rave reviews and will be my next search, discontinued? In any case, Caron, and the English house of Floris, are my two favorite houses. Caron 3rd Man is divine.
Beyond those, Prada L'Homme was that wonderful lavender powdery fragrance, and they, too, made a l'eau version that is brilliant.

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Do you know
Hi PaT,
I must confess, the first time I wore Caron SPORT, I was like "WTF?" I was taken aback as it was like nothing I've ever smelled in a Fragrances. I had thought that I had made a HUGE mistake purchasing SPORT. However, upon more wearings of SPORT (and my Brain adjusting to this new Fragrance) SPORT quickly grew to become one of my favorite (mostly) Summer Fragrances. I find SPORT to be VERY refreshing (as well as quite unique). My bottle of SPORT is getting rather low and I should buy another bottle at some point. I have no information if SPORT is being dis-continued. I sure hope not. I also especially like YSL "BODY KOUROS" for all aforementioned reasons. Ugggh, prices for both of these Fragrances have gotten quite pricey! PaT, should you purchase Caron SPORT, I'd love to hear your thoughts/impressions.

Regards,
SixCats!

StylinLA

Aug 9, 2009
I've made similar mistakes purchasing. But at least with the Pour un Homme line, everything is pretty good and related the original.

I mistakenly bought a scent considered a "flanker" but it was radically different than the scent I thought I was purchasing. Made me double and triple check all labels and boxes before I leave store now. A lot of these scents have flankers that we might not be aware of. Read that label carefully- especially if you're in a discounter or offbeat website. Watch out for one little word after name of the scent you think you're buying...

PaTomas

May 10, 2018
Hi PaT,
I must confess, the first time I wore Caron SPORT, I was like "WTF?" I was taken aback as it was like nothing I've ever smelled in a Fragrances. I had thought that I had made a HUGE mistake purchasing SPORT. However, upon more wearings of SPORT (and my Brain adjusting to this new Fragrance) SPORT quickly grew to become one of my favorite (mostly) Summer Fragrances. I find SPORT to be VERY refreshing (as well as quite unique). My bottle of SPORT is getting rather low and I should buy another bottle at some point. I have no information if SPORT is being dis-continued. I sure hope not. I also especially like YSL "BODY KOUROS" for all aforementioned reasons. Ugggh, prices for both of these Fragrances have gotten quite pricey! PaT, should you purchase Caron SPORT, I'd love to hear your thoughts/impressions.

Regards,
SixCats!
Well now, SixCats, I researched and discovered, one, that neither L'eau nor Sport are offered on the Caron website. So many houses go through waves of offerings and discontinue as soon as sales dip. There are, however, currently some awesome new releases there worth looking into. I purchased Sport just now from a site called Donatella, which had slashed a steep price in half, but I think Sport has seen its day in production come to an end.

I respect Chanel, for example, so much for maintaining in production so many awesome fragrances over decades, though I'm far from rich and I depend on go-to 's like FragranceNet where Chanel rarely appears. Also, thank goodness, contemporary Chanel has little connection (we hope) with Coco Chanel Nazi occupation collaboration, all that.

YSL I barely got into. Rive Gauche was so good that one can only wonder why marketing entrepreneurs can cut such beauties. That disillusioned me with them and the reformulation of LaNuit Del'Homme was a crime. Gucci for Men I & 2, now Floris 1962 is done and it was their best, really. Welcome to the mysterious world of fragrance.

Soon I will really start a philosophy thread about some of that.

Sport will arrive this week. I'll let you know!
Pa

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
I've made similar mistakes purchasing. But at least with the Pour un Homme line, everything is pretty good and related the original.

I mistakenly bought a scent considered a "flanker" but it was radically different than the scent I thought I was purchasing. Made me double and triple check all labels and boxes before I leave store now. A lot of these scents have flankers that we might not be aware of. Read that label carefully- especially if you're in a discounter or offbeat website. Watch out for one little word after name of the scent you think you're buying...
Right you are Stylin. I have to (must) be more careful in making future purchases.

SixCats!

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
Well now, SixCats, I researched and discovered, one, that neither L'eau nor Sport are offered on the Caron website. So many houses go through waves of offerings and discontinue as soon as sales dip. There are, however, currently some awesome new releases there worth looking into. I purchased Sport just now from a site called Donatella, which had slashed a steep price in half, but I think Sport has seen its day in production come to an end.

I respect Chanel, for example, so much for maintaining in production so many awesome fragrances over decades, though I'm far from rich and I depend on go-to 's like FragranceNet where Chanel rarely appears. Also, thank goodness, contemporary Chanel has little connection (we hope) with Coco Chanel Nazi occupation collaboration, all that.

YSL I barely got into. Rive Gauche was so good that one can only wonder why marketing entrepreneurs can cut such beauties. That disillusioned me with them and the reformulation of LaNuit Del'Homme was a crime. Gucci for Men I & 2, now Floris 1962 is done and it was their best, really. Welcome to the mysterious world of fragrance.

Soon I will really start a philosophy thread about some of that.

Sport will arrive this week. I'll let you know!
Pa
Hi PaT,

Yep! I had visited that very site you mentioned earlier tonight. I am thinking about making a purchase of SPORT. That being said, I've been on a Fragrance "spending spree" and have to exercise some sort of control on my purchasing of Fragrances. I've about a 1/4 bottle of SPORT remaining. I liken SPORT very much however, one can only buy so many Fragrances at a time. Yes indeed PaT, one has to wonder why many of the most excellent Fragrances are discontinued. No doubt (as you mentioned) it's due to slow sales. I too think it's criminal to discontinue OUTSTANDING "iconic" Fragrances for slow sales especially due to it being the Houses fault for NOT doing a proper job of Advertising/Marketing. An example for me would be TWO of my very favorite Fragrances (L'Artisan DZING! & MPG Eau des Iles) having been discontinued. Lucky for me, I saw the writing on the wall and had purchased TWO bottles of DZING! (which is my Numero Uno Fragrance). In addition, I was VERY lucky to have been able to secured (after some ten or so years of searching) a nearly full bottle of MPG "Eau des Iles" which I purchased from a wonderful Basenotes member a few years ago. I look forward PaT to hearing your report!

SixCats!

PaTomas

May 10, 2018
Hi PaT,

Yep! I had visited that very site you mentioned earlier tonight. I am thinking about making a purchase of SPORT. That being said, I've been on a Fragrance "spending spree" and have to exercise some sort of control on my purchasing of Fragrances. I've about a 1/4 bottle of SPORT remaining. I liken SPORT very much however, one can only buy so many Fragrances at a time. Yes indeed PaT, one has to wonder why many of the most excellent Fragrances are discontinued. No doubt (as you mentioned) it's due to slow sales. I too think it's criminal to discontinue OUTSTANDING "iconic" Fragrances for slow sales especially due to it being the Houses fault for NOT doing a proper job of Advertising/Marketing. An example for me would be TWO of my very favorite Fragrances (L'Artisan DZING! & MPG Eau des Iles) having been discontinued. Lucky for me, I saw the writing on the wall and had purchased TWO bottles of DZING! (which is my Numero Uno Fragrance). In addition, I was VERY lucky to have been able to secured (after some ten or so years of searching) a nearly full bottle of MPG "Eau des Iles" which I purchased from a wonderful Basenotes member a few years ago. I look forward PaT to hearing your report!

SixCats!
DZING so good! That brings up another fantastic house! Until tomorrow!

SixCats

Jun 13, 2003
CARON UPDATE! Hi all, well, I just pulled the trigger on the Fragrance that I MEANT to purchase in the first place: CARON POUR HOMME by Caron - EDT. I believe I found a good deal (all things considered) in purchasing a 4.2 OZ *TESTER of "CARON POUR HOMME by Caron". I think I may have just gotten under the Gun as far as current (ever increasing Caron prices and/or availability). I was only able to find a TESTER bottle in 4.2 oz. at a (somewhat) reasonable price. I figure, get while the getting is good. Total cost (with tax/shipping) was about thirty eight dollars and change. On the whole, I'm happy with this purchase.

SixCats!

FiveoaksBouquet

Known to SAs
Basenotes Plus
Jul 16, 2004
Hi all,
Serendipity indeed! Check this out (too weird for my Head)......today, I was hunting for vintage Colognes/Perfumes at several "Thirft/Flea Market" type places. A woman behind the counter and I were making small talk.

I am not sure how we segue into the following.....the Woman mentioned the first words one is suppose to speak (if I understood correctly) on the FIRST day of the month (today being April 1st. 2023) is to say aloud: "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit". Huh ?

In my almost sixty eight years of Life, I have NEVER heard this expression (which is suppose to bring good luck or something).
Of course I joked I don't own Rabbits so, could I instead say "Cat Cat Cat ?". At any rate, I left this shop and headed over to a large (indoor) Flea Market. I searched the "Flea Market" for Fragrances with no luck. While in the Flea Market, I happened upon another Lady (a customer) who out of the Blue said to me "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit".

I was like......WHAT ? Mind blown! I just find this event too much of a "coincidence" and just TOO weird! I mean, sixty eight years my having never heard this expression and then (within the span of about an hour) hearing "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit" from different Women at another location. Is this what is considered Serendipity ? At any rate, waaay too weird/strange. Oooh, "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!"

SixCats!

I’ve never heard of the “Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit” custom either. It’s a very odd coincidence. It’s intriguing wondering if coincidence is just random or has a deeper significance.

Thinking of this occurrence reminded me of something similar experienced some years ago. It was a day like that, with a plan to go to a couple of yearly flea markets.

In the first sale in one section of town I liked a small vase. It had a sticker on it for $5.00. I went to pay and the person looked at the vase and exclaimed, “$5.00–that’s too much! One dollar.” So I paid one dollar and off I went to the second sale. There I picked out a little silver fork, also labeled $5.00, took it to the cash and the person looked at it and exclaimed, “$5.00–that’s too much! One dollar. I paid the dollar and left.

Since then the vase unfortunately broke but every time I use that fork I start wondering again about that strange coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Catnjo