• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Pineward Perfumes

solvovir

Aug 22, 2019
a new indie house has launched today. Pineward Perfumes

Pineward Perfume shop
looks like only 2 perfumes released so far. info from the website:

Fanghorn - Notes: silver fir, moss, lichen, wet soil, and damp vegetation.
A dark and sticky fir perfume with fresh dew and earthen root qualities, reminiscent of new and old forest growth in harmony.
Parfum extrait+ compounded at 38%

Steading - Notes: tobacco, hay, beeswax, barley, dried needles, poplar, hops, maple, and wisps of peat smoke.
A dense wheaty tobacco perfume with dried fir needles and honeyed maple sweetness.
Parfum extrait compounded at 33%

I am trying both but steading looks to be more my style. Once I receive and sample them I will share my thoughts.

Bis100

Aug 7, 2019
I am looking forward to putting my nose on the Pineward creations, particularly the ones featuring my favorite note: Tobacco

junior_surgeon

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2018
Hey thanks for the support everyone! It's been a labor of love and a long time in coming. I'm really proud of these first perfumes and am excited for everyone to be able to try what I've been working on, with many more to come.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Hey thanks for the support everyone! It's been a labor of love and a long time in coming. I'm really proud of these first perfumes and am excited for everyone to be able to try what I've been working on, with many more to come.

You know I'm definitely in my friend!:thumbsup:

j.zheyii

Nov 13, 2014
I like the concept of this house. Both Fanghorn and Steading looks very interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to at least sample them.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Fanghorn is magic...

Steading is magic too...

Reviews still to come.

Junior Surgeon has TALENT! :thumbsup::coolold:

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
I've been wearing Steading today and enjoying it immensely!
I'll start out by saying that both Fanghorn and Steading are nuclear in strength and obviously made of high quality ingredients. As JS said above, theses fragrances are a labor of love and it shows!

In the opening of Steading I'm picking up maple syrup, confer needle, a bright, bitter sparkle, perhaps from the hops, and a slight tobacco note. It smells so good! There is also a resinous woodiness from the overall composition that has a slight licorice vibe like Vikt by Slumberhouse, but Steading doesn't smell like Vikt overall. The licorice vibe is very slight and I only smell it when I hold my wrist up to my nose for several seconds.

At 45 minutes in it still smells similar to the opening which is amazing! At an hour in the tobacco note has ramped up on my skin just a bit and it smells great!

At the 4.5 hour to 5 hour mark, Steading started to shift to more of the maple syrup vibe. I prefer the opening and heart notes to the far dry down, but it still smells excellent. Steading also lasts very well on my skin as it's over 12.5 hours since application and is still going strong. :)

I can't recommend both Steading and Fanghorn enough...they are both exactly the kind of fragrances I love and as I said, Junior Surgeon has obvious talent, which is very exciting as he's a conifer nut like me!:thumbsup:

Next up is the Mighty Fanghorn...which is a conifer lovers dream fragrance!!!

Last edited:

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Wearing Steading again today as it's the perfect cozy fall fragrance for Thanksgiving Day. Smells amazing!

bl00drunzcold

Apr 24, 2018
Just put in my order for 17ml of Steading and Fanghorn. Have to support Junior_Surgeon since he’s the one that got me in to coniferous fragrances with his excellent coniferous fragrances guide on Reddit.

Scent Detective

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 15, 2015
Okay...today has been spectacular and the main reason it has is because I've been wearing Fanghorn all day and it has made me feel amazing.

Fanghorn is my new favorite coniferous fragrance, which is saying a lot because I'm very picky and opinionated about my conifer fragrances and I own quite a few that I've spent a number of years procuring and I'm so excited about the smell, the sillage, and the longevity of Fanghorn. It has just blown me away all day. As much as I love Norne and Fille en Aiguilles, Good Fir 11, Blood Cedar, El Cosmico, Jacaranda, etc., Fanghorn has just bumped them all down the mountain just a bit to take the top spot in my little Alpine world.

Today was our annual trip to the forest to cut down our Christmas tree and I couldn't have asked for a better fragrance than Fanghorn to accompany me today. This fragrance will be a lifelong friend.

Thank you SOOOOOOOO MUCH Junior Surgeon for creating this amazing coniferous dream of a fragrance. It's my new jam!:thumbsup:

psawjack

Nov 14, 2017
If anybody knows conifer scents it's this person. I'm looking forward to the restock of those 37ml bottles. I love the bottle design too!

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006

Wow - congrats!!!