• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Myrhh

Jesus

Jun 18, 2005
Last week a I tried, from a sample, La Myrrhe of Serge Lutens.
I know the quality of all the perfums of this house, but this scent is really impressive.
I´m curious about myrhh , so  I´m loocking for some parfums that include it.  I was thinking in  Frankincense & Myrhh by Czech & Speake.
Any recommendation?.
Thanks in advance!.

Dusan

Nov 22, 2004
EMPORIO ARMANI NIGHT is developed around myrrh, benzoin, patchouli and amber. Yummy!

myclevername

Jan 10, 2006
L'Occitane has this scent called Eau D'Iparie. It has Myrrh. Smells sort of like Amber. Kind of unisex IMHO.

ajmc

Jun 9, 2003
Dior's Bois d'Argent has a very distinct myrrh note running through it. One of the smoothest fragrances i have ever smelled.

Rashkae

Nov 23, 2005
ajmc said:
Dior's Bois d'Argent has a very distinct myrrh note running through it. One of the smoothest fragrances i have ever smelled.

I thought it only used Honey, Patchouli and Iris?

ajmc

Jun 9, 2003
Another must try if you love myrrh is Sahara by Madini. An amazing and unique scent that smells expensive......but isn't!

www.madini.com

The Bark

Jan 24, 2003
I would recommend Laura Tonatta's Amir, available at lusciouscargo. They have it listed as: Amir - myrrh, petitgrain, lime wood, orange essence, incense, amber, musk, woods, spices. I received a sample with my last order over the weekend and like it very much... the Myrhh is very present and I find it more wearable than Czech and Speake's F&M.

trumpet_guy

Nov 13, 2005
Next time you order something from beautycafe or beautyhabit,
get a sample of Atkinsons I Coloniali "Mirra y Mirra" (myrrh and myrrh).
This was praised highly by Paul G some years ago, and is a
pleasing blend of myrrh and vanilla. It can seem a little "soft" --
almost feminine -- but I like it.

Magnifiscent

Jan 5, 2005
I recall the classic CK Obsession to have a strong mhyrr note in it!
Sounds a bit funny that you, Jesus, are looking for Frankincense&Mhyrr... Maybe Gold is already arrived!!! ;D

Sandalwood

Aug 10, 2005
Magnifiscent said:
Sounds a bit funny that you, Jesus, are looking for Frankincense&Mhyrr... Maybe Gold is already arrived!!! ;D

LOL.... ;D

Jesus

Jun 18, 2005
Magnifiscent said:

LOL So funny, my friend :D :D

Thank you all basenoters!

You give me a good gide to start....

Indie_Guy

Dec 13, 2003
Magnifiscent said:

LOL...it took me a minute to get that one, but you had me giggling pretty hard!

I recommend Etro's Messe de Minuit. I have some sticks of myrhh incense and it just hit me that they remind me of Messe de Minuit. By the way, this scent is one of the most off-the-wall weird fragrances around, and it's great. Very murky, dank, sweet, and goth. It smells like a bottle of Dr Pepper that was left in the dungeon of an English castle and left there for centuries. (Maybe it was left there by Bill and Ted!) Seriously, very good stuff. My sample ran out and its time for me to buy a bottle!

vinterdroppe

Aug 27, 2005
Magnifiscent said:
LOL!!!!  ;D

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
I'm not sure I know what myrhh smells like? Anyone care to share any resemblances to other notes, etc...

samplermike

Banned
Dec 15, 2007
Myrrh smells like resinous dust mixed with vanilla. I remember it distinctly from my days as an Altar Boy.

Last edited:

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
Myrrh smells like resinous dust mixed with vanilla. I remember it distinctly from my days as an Altar boy.

Really? That description sounds like Habit Rouge by Guerlain, which doesn't have myrhh (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

Night

Nov 11, 2007
Really? That description sounds like Habit Rouge by Guerlain, which doesn't have myrhh (correct me if I'm wrong guys).

You'r right Mike.

La Myrrhe is the best perfume containing this note amongst the ones I know. I use Myrrh in aromatherapy, it has a nice sweet, resinous, slightly woody and medicinal smell, near from amber made up with a large amount of vanilla.

It's not the kind of thing you fall in love with at first smell.

Amit

Dec 7, 2005
From what I know, Myrrh is the element that adds the sweetness some Incense fragrances have. By itself it smells dark and slightly bitter..but body heat works wonders for Myrrh, so that's why some Incense fragrances really shine in warm/hot weather. Whether it'll add sweetness or smoky bitterness to a Fragrance depends on how Myrrh is tempered with in it.

A classic example of a sweet Myrrh frag is Bois de Copaiba by Parfumerie Generale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sherm