• We're half back! There's a lot missing, but you can find out more here,

You are now able to log into the forums and post

Mother’s Day Perfumes.

kosui no kaori

Sep 14, 2022
April is ending in just a few mere days, which means …

It’s gonna be May.

Is anybody gifting fragrances this year - to a mother, wife, sister? Are you hoping for a specific scent from your loved one?

I make it a point not to gift perfume, unless someone has strongly hinted at a specific fragrance. My husband has made it his tradition to give my mother perfume every year, but she is starting to hint to him that she has more than enough bottles.

I’ve requested no perfumes for me. I prefer to get them myself.

My grandmother, on the other hand, used to love receiving perfume, no matter what the fragrance.

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Feb 8, 2017
April is ending in just a few mere days, which means …

It’s gonna be May.

Is anybody gifting fragrances this year - to a mother, wife, sister? Are you hoping for a specific scent from your loved one?

I make it a point not to gift perfume, unless someone has strongly hinted at a specific fragrance. My husband has made it his tradition to give my mother perfume every year, but she is starting to hint to him that she has more than enough bottles.

I’ve requested no perfumes for me. I prefer to get them myself.

My grandmother, on the other hand, used to love receiving perfume, no matter what the fragrance.
Great thread idea. I am not in contact with my mother, though a couple of years ago, I gifted her Paloma
Picasso, which he long loved--(along with her beloved Chanel no. 5). My wife isn't much of a perfume person, so I won't be gifting any perfume this Mother's Day.

AndyL

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
Is anybody gifting fragrances this year - to a mother, wife, sister?

Along with a recent purchase from Guerlain, I received a sample of Rose Cherie. My wife loves it. Told the kids I got them covered for Mother's Day. My Mom loves Hermes and will probably get her another from the Jardin series. We're going to be smelling good in May! Early happy Mother's Day to you Kosui and all Moms!

kosui no kaori

Sep 14, 2022
Along with a recent purchase from Guerlain, I received a sample of Rose Cherie. My wife loves it. Told the kids I got them covered for Mother's Day. My Mom loves Hermes and will probably get her another from the Jardin series. We're going to be smelling good in May! Early happy Mother's Day to you Kosui and all Moms!

I adore the Jardin series - that’s going to be fantastic!

I just read up on Rose Cherie, and it sounds beautiful. I’ll have to give that one a try myself.

Thank you, @AndyL! It sounds like you’re going to make it a really special day for your loved ones 😊

AndyL

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 2, 2022
I will pick my own bottle for Mother's Day - it will take the pressure off my husband. I'll get a lovely card with a note, some hugs and some down time- which is what I truly want :D I got my mother French croissants - per her request :D
This is a solid idea - I'm going to pick out my own bottle for Father's Day (y) (to take the pressure off ;))

kosui no kaori

Sep 14, 2022
I will pick my own bottle for Mother's Day - it will take the pressure off my husband. I'll get a lovely card with a note, some hugs and some down time- which is what I truly want :D I got my mother French croissants - per her request :D

Yes for hugs and downtime!!

That’s what I ask for every year, too. Just give me some hugs and help me take out the trash 🙌🏻

French croissants sound amazing 🤩

Pippin06

Feb 8, 2017
Yes for hugs and downtime!!

That’s what I ask for every year, too. Just give me some hugs and help me take out the trash 🙌🏻

French croissants sound amazing 🤩
For Father's Day, I want a weekend alone on a quaint little island with nothing but sea, sand, starry skies--and plenty of vino. :)

Pippin06

Feb 8, 2017
That sounds very serene 😌
Indeed. I've been telling E for a while now that I feel I need a getaway just by myself. After years of giving so much of myself as a first grade teacher, and now being an adult caregiver, I feel I need to get away even more. E is actually very understanding and is in fact encouraging. Might take her up on it.

Zenwannabee

Sep 15, 2009
My wife is not a big fragrance person, but last year I got her a small 50ml bottle of Boucheron Perfume that she likes very much. I still think it’s one of most fabulous feminine scents ever—and the bottle is exquisite.

Wishing an early Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there! 😀💕🎊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahuldubai4